[Elsnet-list] Nuance new job vacancy - Software Integration and Release Engineer (Speech Recognition)

Roe, Deanna Deanna.Roe at nuance.com
Thu Oct 9 10:55:34 CEST 2008

Hello Elsnet,

Please post the following position on your website:
Please confirm that you have received this email and that it is in the
correct format.

Thanks
Deanna

Software Integration and Release Engineer
Speech Recognition

Nuance is the leading provider of speech and imaging solutions for
businesses and consumers around the world. Every day, millions of users
and thousands of businesses experience Nuance by calling directory
assistance, requesting account information, dictating patient records,
telling a navigation system their destination, or digitally reproducing
documents that can be shared and searched. With more than 3000 employees
worldwide, we are committed to make the user experience more enjoyable
by transforming the way people interact with information and how they
create, share and use documents. Making each of those experiences
productive and compelling is what Nuance is about.
To strengthen our international team we are currently looking for a

Software Integration and Release Engineer
Speech Recognition

Scope
As the main integrator and release engineer for the software product,
the function holder will play a central role in the software development
process. He/She will design and maintain the release packages and the
automated quality verification systems supporting the software
development and contribute to further R&D process automation.
The product is a state-of-the-art speech recognition engine that has
applications in automotive and mobile markets and is developed
concurrently by an international team located in Belgium, Germany,
Canada and the USA. It is used in applications in more then 20
languages.
He or she will be based in Belgium (Merelbeke) and reports to the
engineering manager.

Main Responsibilities
* Follow-up and extend the quality verification programs (nightly build
system, test frameworks, etc)
* Integrator for software contributions of developers from the different
geographic locations.
* Release engineer for the regular releases of the embedded speech
recognition engine.
* Contribute to the speech recognition engine software and the
surrounding tools.
* Identify potential for improvement and automation of the processes and
contribute to the development of a solution.
* Grow into the main contact point for our internal customer to handle
support questions.
<mailto:Deanna.roe at nuance.com>
Qualifications:
* Bachelor or master in computer science or related field.
Technical Competencies
* Required: excellent programming skills.
* Strong plus: experience with C/C++ or Java
* Strong plus: experience with Python or other scripting languages
* Plus: experience with Clearcase or Clearcase/UCM or other version
control systems.
* Plus: experience with speech recognition technology.

Languages:
* Good oral and written English language skills are required.

Behavioral competencies
* Ability to work in a team and independently.
* Attention for detail and quality oriented.
* Ability to communicate convincingly with software developers and
internal customers both locally and remotely.
* Ability to understand and keep an overview on complex technical
material and software products.
* You have a positive, team-oriented attitude.
* Ability to cope with change; flexible attitude towards process
changes.

Interested?
Please send your resume and cover letter to Deanna.roe at nuance.com

We are looking forward to receiving your application!

The experience speaks for itselfTM

Deanna Roe

HR Senior Recruiter EMEA

NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS UK LTD

99 - 101 Waterloo Road I London I SE1 8UL

+44 207 922 5757    Office

+44 7717 50 6622    Mobile

NUANCE.COM <http://www.nuance.com/>

The experience speaks for itself (tm)