[Elsnet-list] Call for papers NAG/DAGA09 session on "Speech in Cars"

Verhave, J.A. (Jan) jan.verhave at tno.nl
Wed Oct 29 12:12:02 CET 2008

Dear colleagues,
The NAG/DAGA09 which will be a joint meeting of the Dutch and German
acoustical societies is approaching soon. It will be held March 23-26,
2009 in Rotterdam. At this occasion we will organize a joint
Dutch-German Structured Session on "Speech in Cars". This structured
session will focus on

- Hands-free systems, their components and algorithms used and the
evaluation of the speech quality and speech intelligibility of systems
and components

- Speech controlled systems and their performance evaluation

- Speech recognition, speech production and speech dialog systems, their
components and their performance including acceptance evaluation

- Systems for in car communication, speech communication between cars -
realizations, requirements and quality evaluation

As you have been working in this field, we would like to kindly ask you
whether you would like to contribute to our session. Your contribution
could be an "invited" one, but unfortunately you would still have to
carry the expenses on your own (as it is common practice).

If you agree to contribute, we would be happy if you could

- send us a short confirmation asap, and propose an approximate topic
for your talk

- submit a short abstract (up to 200 words) via the conference website
(http://www.nag-daga.nl/ <blocked::http://www.nag-daga.nl/> ) until
November 1st, 2008 (mentioning that it is related to the structured
session), and cc it to us as well

The final paper should be submitted until March 26, 2009 (i.e. the end
of the conference)

We would be happy to meet you during the conference

Hans W. Gierlich H.W.Gierlich at head-acoustics.de
Jan Verhave jan.verhave at tno.nl <mailto:jan.verhave at tno.nl>

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html