[Elsnet-list] GESPIN2009 - 3rd Call for Papers

maciej maciej.karpinski at amu.edu.pl
Mon Apr 6 00:25:36 CEST 2009

GESPIN 2009: Gesture and Speech in Interaction
24–26 September
Poznan
gespin2009 at gmail.com
http://gespin.amu.edu.pl

LAST (3rd) CALL FOR PAPERS

The Center for Speech and Language Processing at the Adam Mickiewicz
University, Poznan, Poland  invites you to submit papers for GESPIN 2009
conference. The conference will cover a number of themes and topics
related to speech and gesture which are of interest to a wide community
of researchers, including linguists, psychologists, neuroscientists,
computer scientists, sociologists, educators, and many others. For the
full list of proposed topics visit our web page at
http://gespin.amu.edu.pl/?q=node/9

Submission of papers
F u l l  p a p e r s  of up to six pages (according to the provided
format), written in English, are to be submitted via e-mail or using the
on-line submission system available on the conference web site. You can
also submit multimedia (up to 10MB) related to your paper. Please
register and send using on line submission system and only then send your
files directly to gespin2009 at gmail.com. Detailed format information
can be found here:
http://gespin.amu.edu.pl/?q=node/43
The deadline is May, 1st.

Session proposals
We invite submissions of tutorial and special session proposals. For
more details, contact the Organizing Committee (gespin2009 at gmail.com).

Conference output
Regular conference proceedings will be published as an optical disc
(with an ISBN) and included in the conference package. Selected papers
will be published in print by Springer Verlag as an edited collection.

Invited speakers
Jolanta Antas (Jagiellonian University)
Harry Bunt (Tilburg University)
Susan Duncan (University of Chicago)
Anna Esposito (Second University of Naples & International Institute of
Advanced Scientific Studies, Vietri sul Mare)
Daffyd Gibbon (Bielefeld University)
Adam Kendon (University of Pennsylvania)

Conference fee
The conference fee will cover the publication costs of the proceedings,
conference package, snacks and drinks during breaks, the conference
dinner and other social events, as well as other organizing costs.
Accommodation is not included.
Regular fee: 120 euro (early), 140 euro (late)
Student fee: 85 euro (early), 100 euro (late)

Accommodation
We will not be directly involved in booking. Nevertheless, we have
pre-booked a limited number of rooms in an academic hotel (prices are
very attractive). Visit our web page for details at
http://gespin.amu.edu.pl/?q=node/17
Very important: Book your hotel as early as possible. If you find that
all the rooms at the academic hotel Jowita are booked and you are
looking for a budget accommodation, please contact us. We still may be
able to point to a hostel or a cheaper hotel.

Important dates
Deadline for special sessions and tutorials: April, 30th, 2009
Deadline for full papers: May 1st, 2009
Acceptance/rejection: June 1st, 2009
Early registration: June 15th, 2009
Conference: September 24th - 26th, 2009

Venue: Adam Mickiewicz University (www.amu.edu.pl) in Poznan (Poland;
www.poznan.pl):
Collegium Minus, Collegium Maius, Collegium Novum
(visit http://gespin.amu.edu.pl/?q=node/6 and see these places on a map)

Scientific Committee
Katarzyna Dziubalska-Kołaczyk - Chair of the Committee, Jolanta Antas,
Eugene Buder, Harry Bunt, Nick Campbell, Ronald Cole, Grażyna Demenko,
Waldemar Domachowski, Susan Duncan, Anna Esposito, Dafydd Gibbon,
Susan Goldin-Meadow, Adam Kendon, Sanzhar Kettebekov, Katharina Rohlfing,
Steven L. Small

Contact e-mail:  gespin2009 at gmail.com

Media Support: Radio Merkury Poznan

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Maciej Karpinski