[Elsnet-list] DEADLINE EXTENSION -- Master Course in Cognitive Science, University of Trento

mcs mcs at unitn.it
Mon Aug 10 19:53:16 CEST 2009

MASTER COURSE IN COGNITIVE SCIENCE, UNIVERSITY OF TRENTO, ITALY -- NEW DEADLINE AUGUST 21, 1PM ITALIAN TIME

Our new Master’s course in Cognitive Science for which the applications' deadline has just been extended to August 21, 2009, 1pm Italian time comprises of two years.  It is taught entirely in English by our international faculty. Students can choose between two tracks: 1. Cognitive neuroscience track (http://international.unitn.it/mcs/cns-cognitive-neuroscience) and 2. Language and multi-modal interaction track (http://international.unitn.it/mcs/lmi-language-and-multimodal-interaction).

The first year aims to build the student’s methodological/theoretical bases, the second provides the opportunity for hands-on research experience. This is quite unique, as most commonly students are not granted an opportunity to have access to fMRI, EEG, MEG and Eye Trackers at the Master’s level, but have to wait to be Ph.D. candidates.

The course is also ideal for students with a background outside of cognitive neuroscience or human-computer interaction to gain the training which will make them able to more effectively pursue a research doctorate. Our goal is to form a future generation of bright and young researchers, who can use this course as a springboard towards an academic career in neuroscience with a distinct advantage, and who will be accustomed to an international and English-speaking environment by the time they start their Ph.D.

The application is a simple on-line procedure, which can be accessed via http://old.disi.unitn.it/edu/appform/login.xml

Please feel free to widely distribute this letter to interested parties and students who may want to apply. At this time, we enrol European students only (deadline: 21 August 2009), as the deadline for non-EU candidates has already passed. You can find more information here: http://international.unitn.it/mcs/two-year-master-program-cognitive-science

Do not hesitate to contact me for any queries you may have.

Kind regards,

F. Bacci
Master’s Course Coordinator