[Elsnet-list] Job: Senior Research Officer (University of Essex)

Kruschwitz U udo at essex.ac.uk
Mon Dec 21 20:49:17 CET 2009

Applications are invited for this 20-months fixed-term post on the
"Automatic Adaptation of Knowledge Structures for Assisted Information
Seeking" (AutoAdapt) research project (http://www.autoadaptproject.org)
funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
(EPSRC). This is a joint project with the Open University (OU) and
Robert Gordon University Aberdeen (RGU) which started in November 2008.
The project develops and evaluates methods that allow the automatic
adaptation of domain knowledge for information seeking applications such
as interactive search and browsing. Ultimately, we expect a significant
impact on industrial intranet search engine developments.

The ideal candidate combines information retrieval (IR) and natural
language processing (NLP) skills with a strong programming background.
Candidates should be graduates of computer science, information systems
or computational linguistics and be in possession of a good postgraduate
degree or equivalent experience in IR or NLP. The successful candidate
will work closely with the two investigators and our partners at the OU
and RGU.

Appointment to this full-time post will be from 1 March 2010 or as soon
as possible thereafter until 31 October 2011.

Salary: £29,704-£30,594 per annum

Closing date: 18 January 2010

Further details: http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AAL406/senior-research-officer/

--