[Elsnet-list] Jop Opportunity: HMM TTS Research Engineer, Cambridge, England

Kate Knill kate.knill at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 18:23:31 CET 2009

HMM TTS Research Engineer
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd, Cambridge Research Lab (CRL)

We are looking for a research engineer to contribute to the
creation of HMM TTS systems. You will join a world class team
including Heiga Zen, one of the creators of the HTS toolkit.
Our goal is to develop innovative technology for deployment
In products. You will have the opportunity to publish and
present papers at international scientific conferences.

More information about our group can be found on our website at:
http://www.toshiba-europe.com/research/crl/index.html

Required:
- Bachelors degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
- PhD in related subject or equivalent industry expertise
- Good knowledge of HMMs and statistical pattern processing
- Good software skills in C, Python and Linux
- Good English and communication skills

Any of the following are welcomed:
- Track record in the field of HMM TTS
- Experience with speech synthesis systems
- Industrial coding experience
- Experience of working in a team
- Knowledge of other major European languages

Applicants should send a CV and a covering letter to
stg-jobs at crl.toshiba.co.uk.

Questions or requests for further details can be sent to
Kate Knill at the same email address.

Closing date for applications: 6 March 2009

Dr Kate Knill, Manager Interaction Technology
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd, Cambridge Research Lab
208, Cambridge Science Park, Cambridge CB4 0GZ, UK