[Elsnet-list] NODALIDA 2009 workshop call on Lexical Semantic
Bolette Sandford Pedersen
bspedersen at hum.ku.dk
Fri Jan 16 14:09:10 CET 2009
*NODALIDA 2009 workshop call:*
*WordNets and other Lexical Semantic Resources *
*- between Lexical Semantics, Lexicography, Terminology and Formal
Half-day workshop on May 14 at Nodalida 2009
<http://beta.visl.sdu.dk/nodalida2009/>, Odense, Denmark
Submission deadline February 23, 2009
Nodalida Main Conference: May 15-16, 2009
Nodalida Website: http//beta.visl.sdu.dk/nodalida2009
Workshop website: http://cst.dk/nodalilexicalworkshop/nodalidaworkshop.htm
High-quality lexical semantic resources with sufficiently large
vocabularies still prove to be the bottleneck not only in purely
rule-based NLP applications but also in supervised corpus-based
approaches. Princeton WordNet has been around for about two decades and
is the first and largest lexical semantic resource built around the
concept of synonym sets (synsets) and conceptual relations between them.
All over the world new WordNet projects are constantly being initiated
exploring new ways of constructing and enriching these resources, the
Danish WordNet (DanNet <http://www.wordnet.dk/>), and the Norwegian
WordNet (NorNett), being two Scandinavian examples of this (See also
Global WordNet Association <http://www.globalwordnet.org/>).
In parallel to this development of new lexical semantic resources, much
effort is put into exploring how WordNets and formal ontologies can be
made to work together in knowledge-based systems. The workshop intends
to bring together researchers involved in building and integrating
lexical semantic resources as well as researchers that are more
theoretically interested in investigating the interplay between lexical
semantics, lexicography, terminology and formal ontologies.
Examples of topics to discuss:
· Representation of lexical-semantic knowledge for computational use
· The interplay between formal ontologies and lexical resources
· Corpus-based approaches to lexical semantic resources
· Terminology and lexical semantics: concept-based vs lexical
· Monolingual vs. multilingual approaches to lexical-semantic
resources and ontologies
· Word-space models for building and expanding ontologies
· Domain-specific classification: taxonomy and ontology --
· Quality assessment of lexical-semantic resources: criteria, methods
· Computational use of lexical-semantic resources (information
retrieval, semantic tagging of corpora, MT, etc.)
· Traditional lexicography and NLP lexicons: re-use and differences
· Cognitive aspects: computational lexical models as opposed to
the 'mental lexicon'
*SUBMISSION AND REQUIREMENTS:*
Extended abstracts of 3-5 pages should be submitted for review by the
workshop organizers. Each presentation will be approx. 30 minutes long
Submissions should follow the two-column format of EACL proceedings and
must either be in LaTeX style files or Microsoft Word document template
that is available from the NodaLida Conference website, courtesy of the
Association of Computational Linguistics. Only PDF-files are accepted.
Submissions should be submitted to Bolette Sandford Pedersen, bspedersen
· Submission of extended abstract (3-5 pages): February 23, 2009
· Notification of acceptance: March 26, 2009
· Submission of camera-ready papers/revised extended abstract:
April 13, 2009.
Bolette Sandford Pedersen, Senior Researcher, PhD in computational
Senior Researcher at Center for Sprogteknologi, University of Copenhagen
Project manager of DanNet. Board member of Global WordNet Association.
Anna Braasch, Senior Researcher in computational linguistics.
Senior Researcher Center for Sprogteknologi, University of Copenhagen.
Project manager of Sprogteknologisk Ordbase. Board member of Euralex.
Editor of DanNet.
Ruth Vatvedt Fjeld, Professor at Department of Linguistics and
Scandinavian Studies, University of Oslo
Board member of Euralex and the editorial committee of LexicoNordica.
Project manager of lexical documentation of modern Norwegian bokmål.
Involved with the Norwegian NordNett.
Sanni Nimb, PhD in computational lexicography, Senior Editor at
Det Danske Sprog- og Litteraturselskab (Society for Danish Language and
Editor of DanNet and Ordnet (concerned with the online publishing of The
Board member of Leksikografer i Danmark
*PROGRAMME COMMITTEE: *
To be confirmed.
* Seniorforsker, ph.d., Bolette Sandford Pedersen *
* Center for Sprogteknologi, Københavns Universitet *
* Njalsgade 80, DK-2300 København S *
* Tlf: +45 35 32 90 78, Fax +45 35 32 90 89 *
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list