[Elsnet-list] job posting

Pia Knoeferle knoeferl at cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Jan 23 14:20:23 CET 2009

Dear Elsnet team,
could you please post the following job advertisement?

thank you and best wishes,
Pia Knoeferle

The Center of Excellence "Cognitive Interaction Technology" (CITEC) at
Bielefeld University,
Germany conducts interdisciplinary research into understanding the
functional processes of
cognitive interaction with the goal of replicating them in technical
systems, including developing
relevant evaluation methodologies and toolkits. For more details, see www.cit-ec.de
.

Within CITEC, the newly established research group "Language and
Cognition" conducts
research on online language processing, also in interaction with other
cognitive sub-systems, and
is leading a project that explores how humans interact linguistically
with one another and with
virtual characters.

In this context, we are inviting applications for the following
positions, all available immediately:

1 postdoc position (TV-L E13) with an initial duration of 2 years with
the possibility of
extension (ref. 2568). Candidates should have a degree in Cognitive
Science, Psychology,
(Psycho-) linguistics or a related discipline. Additional programming
knowledge would be an asset.
Candidates will design and conduct experiments. They will also be
responsible for analyzing the
results and writing them up for publication.

2 PhD scholarships (scholarship amount: 1.468 Euro) for the duration
of 3 years.
- One applicant should have a degree in Cognitive Science, Psychology,
(Psycho-)linguistics, or a
related discipline (ref: 2789).
- The second candidate should have knowledge in Computer Science /
Cognitive Science, have
programming skills, and be interested in engaging in cognitively
motivated research (ref. 2525).

All candidates should have excellent command of English. Candidates
will be affiliated with the
CITEC graduate school, with a structured training program that offers
support for scientific career
advancement and professional orientation.

We welcome applications from severely handicapped people. We
particularly welcome applications
from women. Given equal suitability, qualifications and professional
achievement women will be
given preference, unless particular circumstances pertaining to a male
applicant predominate.

Applicants should submit relevant documents (a cover letter indicating
research interests,
curriculum vitae including list of publications, and pdfs of two
sample publications). In addition, they
should arrange for two letters of recommendation to be emailed
directly to Pia Knoeferle. Please
be sure to specify the reference number of the position.

For more information, please contact: Dr. Pia Knoeferle (Email:knoeferl at cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
).
Applications will be considered until all positions have been filled.
For full consideration please
submit applications by 28.02.2009.

Please send applications in PDF Format via email to:
Dr. Pia Knoeferle
Research Group “Language and Cognition”
Email: knoeferl at cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de