[Elsnet-list] [ E-Job ] PhD studentship in Speech Technology

julie mauclair julie.mauclair at ucd.ie
Thu Jun 18 14:00:31 CEST 2009

Dear Elsnet team,
could you please post the following job advertisement?

thank you and best wishes,

Julie Mauclair

Studentship advertisement

We are currently offering in the context of the Centre for Next
Generation Localisation (CNGL - http://www.cngl.ie):

     1 PhD studentship in Integrated Language Technologies – Speech
Technology

Research in this project focuses on applying linguistic information of
varying granularity into the speech recognition and speech synthesis
processes.

To this purpose, we are offering a PhD studentship in the area of
computational linguistics (with a specific emphasis on phonetics and
phonology). Prior knowledge of machine learning techniques and
computational phonology would be a distinct advantage.

The successful candidate will join the MUSTER Speech Technology group
at University College Dublin, Ireland and work under the supervision
of Prof. Julie Berndsen.

The PhD studentships will commence in September 2009 and include a
stipend of
€16,000 (tax free) plus payment of fees. The project provides state-of-
the-art research facilities and supports travel to present at
conferences.

To apply send CV and contact details of 2 referees to Julie.Berndsen at ucd.ie
  before 1st July 2009. Please also use the same address for informal
inquiries and visit our website http://muster.ucd.ie for more details.