[Elsnet-list] ICST - UCMedia 2009: Call for Papers
info at icst.org
info at icst.org
Mon Mar 9 21:25:18 CET 2009
APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING
First International Conference on User Centric Media - UCMedia 2009
Venice, Italy, 9-11 December 2009
Sponsored by ICST, Technically co-sponsored by by Create-Net
* Submission Deadline: June 26, 2009
* Notification to authors: September 10, 2009
* Conference Dates: December 9-11, 2009
The first International Conference on User Centric Media, (UCMEDIA 2009 - www.usercentricmedia.org )
seeks original research-based contributions that will improve our understanding of
recent and anticipated advances in user centric media for entertainment,
education, information and as art and to its distribution over The Future
Media Internet. Contributions may relate to technology, to business, to the
creative process and to user-based studies. Research based on cross
disciplinary approaches is particularly welcome.
UCMedia welcomes contributions from academics, technologists, artists,
designers, industry representatives and analysts.
Contributions are invited that may relate to:
* User Centric Media - Forms and production
* User centric media services in the extended home
* New forms of interactive storytelling
* Framed communication experiences
* Enhanced content representations(3DTV, Ultra HD TV, holograms, etc).
* Implementation and experimentation of future Internet applications, e.g. virtual 3D worlds, collaborative platforms and holograms
* User generated content creation, management and consumption systems
* Novel Networked Media Systems to support human creativity at the cross roads of ICT and arts/design research
* User Centric Media and Delivery (over The Future Media Internet)
* Content distribution and distributed caching for multimedia content streaming
* Peer-to-peer streaming prototypes and their implementation in the Future Media Internet
* Innovative, adaptive and self-configuring mobile and wireless applications
* Adaptive, polymorphic and reconfigurable systems for Future Media Internet environments
* Cross-layer dynamic adaptation and end-to-end QoS issues for heterogeneous networks
* Encoding technologies for maintaining the integrity and optimise the quality of experience.
* Content aware networks and network aware content/applications
* Open Future Internet network architectures for seamless, scalable multimedia content delivery
* User Centric Media - Access, discovery and consumption
* User Communities Systems and Platforms
* Content adaptability
* Search and retrieval of networked multimedia content
* Personalized Access to Media Systems
* Trust, privacy, security and protection
Journal Special Issue:
A number of the best papers of the conference contributions will be asked to submit versions extended to 8-10 pages for publication in ACM Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal Special Issue on Mobility and User-Centric Media.
General Chair: Petros Daras, CERTH-ITI
General CoChair: Aggelos Katsaggelos, Northwestern Univ., USA
Program Chairs: Oscar Mayora, CreateNet, Italy
Federico Alvarez, University Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
Antonio Camurri, University of Genoa, Italy
Theodore Zahariadis, TEI Chalkidas, Greece
You are reading ICST conference newsletter. To report any kind of abuse, please contact admin at icst.org.
To unsubscribe, please visit the following page: http://ipool.icstserver.org/unsubscribe.php?p=ipunxhxjno and enter your email address.
More information about the Elsnet-list