[Elsnet-list] ICST - UCMedia 2009: Call for Workshops
info at icst.org
info at icst.org
Wed Mar 11 05:52:06 CET 2009
UCMedia 2009 - Call for Workshops
The First International Conference on User Centric Media (UCMedia 2009) http://www.usercentricmedia.org/ invites proposals for workshops that will complement the main conference.
Sponsored by ICST, Technically co-sponsored by by Create-Net
The main conference will take place on 10 & 11 December 2009. We offer up to four half-day workshops in two parallel strands on 9 December 2009. There will be a registration fee for workshop attendees, which will be lower than the registration fee for the whole conference.
Workshops offer the opportunity for in-depth exploration of the conference topics and should fall within the scope of UCMedia2009. Proposals on special topics in the field are encouraged. The conference includes the following topics (for a more detailed list of conference topics please refer to the Conference Call for Papers on the conference Website):
- User Centric Media - Forms and production
- User Centric Media - Delivery (over The Future Media Internet)
- User Centric Media - Access, discovery and consumption
Workshop proposals should be a maximum of 2 pages and contain the following
- A workshop name and acronym
- A brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the workshop goals and the technical issues that will be its focus (including a brief statement of the relevance of the workshop to UCMedia 2009 and a discussion of the particular benefits of the topic to the User Centric Media community).
- A description why and to whom the workshop is of interest.
- A description of the intended format of the workshop (open call for contributions, invited papers, forum discussion, etc.), tentative list of proposed program committee members if applicable, potential attendees; invited speakers if applicable.
- A preliminary workshop agenda and a proposed schedule for organizing the workshop.
- The names and email addresses of the workshop proposer and of the proposed workshop organizing committee.
Workshop proposals (in RTF, Word or PDF format) shall be sent within the deadline by e-mail to:
workshops at usercentricmedia.org
The received proposals will be evaluated by the Workshop Organizing Committee. The titles of the accepted workshops and some brief information about those workshops including the links to their Websites will be included in the UCMedia2009 Website.
Note: all publishable workshop papers will be published on the UCMedia 2009 Website. A number of the best papers of the conference including workshops will be published in ACM Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal Special Issue on Mobility and User-Centric Media.
All publishable workshop papers should follow the Guide for Authors of the main conference, see http://www.usercentricmedia.org/
- Deadline for workshop proposals: 3 May 2009
- Notification for workshop acceptance: 18 May 2009
- Workshop Website ready: 21 June 2009
- If applicable: Call for workshop contributions published: 21 June 2009
Workshops contributions deadline: 13 September 2009
Notification workshop contributions acceptance: 19 October 2009
- Camera Ready Papers: 8 November 2009
General Chair: Petros Daras, CERTH-ITI
General Co-Chair: Aggelos Katsaggelos, Northwestern Univ., USA
Workshop Organizing Committee:
Cristina Costa, CreateNet, Italy
Peter Stollenmayer,Eurescom, Germany
Doug Williams, BT, UK
Aljoscha Smolic, Fraunhofer HHI, Germany
You are reading ICST conference newsletter. To report any kind of abuse, please contact admin at icst.org.
To unsubscribe, please visit the following page: http://ipool.icstserver.org/unsubscribe.php?p=ipunxhxjno and enter your email address.
More information about the Elsnet-list