[Elsnet-list] Open position for a Slovenian linguist/language technology engineer

Sarkka, Kati Kati.Sarkka at lionbridge.com
Mon Oct 12 10:03:11 CEST 2009

Dear Madam/Sir,

Please find information about our open position below. We hope you would kindly publish our open position in your network.

Kind regards,

________________________________
Kati Särkkä
Human Resources Manager

Lionbridge
Hermiankatu 3 A
33720 Tampere, FINLAND
Phone + 358 9 613 3500
Mobile + 358 40 300 4473
Fax + 358 3 318 5133
kati.sarkka at lionbridge.com
www.lionbridge.com

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: LIOX) is a leading provider of globalization and testing services. Lionbridge combines global resources with proven program management methodologies to serve as an outsource partner throughout a client's product and content lifecycle -- from development to globalization, testing and maintenance.
Global organizations in all industries rely on Lionbridge services to increase international market share, speed adoption of global products and content, and enhance their return on enterprise applications and IT system investments. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge now maintains more than 50 solution centers in 25 countries and provides services under the Lionbridge and VeriTest brands. To learn more, visit http://www.lionbridge.com.

Position Description

We are looking for a Slovenian Linguist/Language Technology Engineer.
The candidate can work remotely from home, no relocation is required. Work would start in 2-3 weeks.

Required Skills/Background

.Educational background in Slovenian linguistics/philology
.Native language skills in Slovenian
.Experience in software development
.Experience with at least one scripting language
.Experience in document authoring, styling, and change control.
.Localization/Internationalization experience
.Ability to take initiative and manage oneself
.The ability to deal effectively with people, requiring tact, courtesy, patience and an outgoing personality
.Great attention to detail
.Coordination skills
.Good communication skills
.Good organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to work in a logical and methodical way.

Desired/Skills/Background

.Experience in analyzing language (recognition) and/or synthesizing language (generation).
.Experience in machine and automated translation process
.Experience in working in/with large international companies
.Experience in working in a multicultural environment

Education/Certification Required

.Relevant university level studies, for example a Master's degree in linguistics

Contact/send your application: jobs.tampere at lionbridge.com by 16.10.2009, EOB

Please add the following details in your application:

.Your availability
.Desired salary

Kind regards,

Kati Särkkä