[Elsnet-list] CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS NAACL HLT 2010,
ACL 2010 and COLING 2010
davidw at sussex.ac.uk
Fri Oct 16 14:39:46 CEST 2009
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS NAACL HLT 2010, ACL 2010 and COLING 2010
The Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) and the
International Committee on Computational Linguistics (ICCL) invite
proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with one of the
three 2010 flagship conferences sponsored in computational
linguistics: NAACL HLT 2010, ACL 2010 and COLING 2010. We solicit
proposals on any topic of interest to the ACL/ICCL community.
Workshops will be held at one of the following conference venues:
* *NAACL HLT 2010* is the 11th annual meeting of the North American
chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics. It will
be held in Los Angeles, June 1-6, 2010. The dates for the NAACL
HLT workshops will be June 5-6. The webpage for NAACL HLT 2010
* The *48th annual meeting of the ACL* will be held in Uppsala,
11-16, 2010. The ACL workshops will be held July 15-16. The
webpage for ACL 2010 is http://acl2010.org/.
* The 23rd International Conference on Computational Linguistics
(*COLING 2010*) will be held in Beijing, August 23-27, 2010.
will be pre-conference workshops on August 21-22, and
post-conference workshops on August 28. The webpage for the
conference is: http://www.coling-2010.org/.
As in 2009, we will coordinate the submission and reviewing of workshop
proposals for all three ACL/ICCL 2010 conferences.
Proposals for workshops should contain:
* A title and brief (2-page max) description of the workshop topic
* The desired workshop length (one or two days), and an estimate of
the audience size.
* The names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses
the organizers, with one-paragraph statements of their research
interests and areas of expertise.
* A list of potential members of the program committee, with an
indication of which members have already agreed.
* A description of any shared tasks associated with the workshop.
* A description of special requirements for technical needs.
* A venue preference specification.
The venue preference specification should list the venues at which the
organizers would be willing to present the workshop (NAACL HLT, ACL, or
COLING). A proposal may specify one, two, or three acceptable workshop
venues; if more than one venue is acceptable, the venues should be
preference-ordered. There will be a single workshop committee,
coordinated by the three sets of workshop chairs. This single committee
will review the quality of the workshop proposals. Once the reviews are
complete, the workshop chairs will work together to assign workshops to
each of the three conferences, taking into account the location
preferences given by the proposers.
The ACL has a set of policies on workshops. You can find the ACL's
general policies on workshops at
the financial policy for workshops at
and the financial policy for SIG workshops at
COLING-2010 has a set of general policies on workshops, which you can
This year we will be using the START system for submission and reviewing
of workshop proposals. Please submit proposals to
https://www.softconf.com/a/ACLWorkshops2010 no later than 12 Midnight,
Pacific Standard Time, October 30, 2009.
Notification of acceptance of workshop proposals will occur no later
than November 20, 2009. Since the three ACL/ICCL conferences will occur
at different times, the timescales for the submission and reviewing of
workshop papers, and the preparation of camera-ready copies, will be
different for the three conferences. Suggested timescales for each of
the conferences are given below.
TIMELINES FOR 2010 WORKSHOPS
Oct 30, 2009 *Workshop proposal deadline*
Nov 20, 2009 * Notification of acceptance*
Dec 18, 2009 Proposed workshop CFP
Mar 1, 2010 Proposed paper due date
Mar 30, 2010 Proposed notification of acceptance
Jun 5-6, 2010 Workshops
Jan 18, 2010 Proposed workshop CFP
Apr 5, 2010 Proposed paper due date
May 6, 2010 Proposed notification of acceptance
Jul 15-16, 2010 Workshops
Feb 25, 2010 Proposed workshop CFP
May 30, 2010 Proposed paper due date
Jun 30, 2010 Proposed notification of acceptance
Aug 21-22, 2010 Pre-conference workshops
Aug 28, 2010 Post-conference workshops
* Richard Sproat, NAACL, Oregon Health & Science University
* David Traum, NAACL, University of Southern California
* Pushpak Bhattacharyya, ACL, Indian Institute of Technology,
* David Weir, ACL, University of Sussex
* Noah Smith, COLING, Carnegie Mellon University
* Takenobu Tokunaga, COLING, Tokyo Institute of Technology
* Haifeng Wang, COLING, Toshiba (China) Research and Development
For inquiries, send email to: cl.workshops.2010 at gmail.com
More information about the Elsnet-list