[Elsnet-list] Computational linguist - job posting

Adriane Rinsche adriane.rinsche at langtech.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 11:06:20 CET 2009

Dear Colleagues,

LTC and Agile Web Solutions  are building a web platform with a
multilingual technology backend and semantic features in the medical
domain. We are looking for a trainee for at least six, ideally 12 months
with the possibility of an employment contract afterwards, starting from
February 2010 or earlier. The candidate should be able to do the
following:

1.       Speak at least 2 of the three languages English, German or
Spanish fluently

2.       Align bilingual corpora (training can be provided) and populate
a statistics based machine translation  system and a translation memory
system with them

3.       Encode terminology in a user dictionary of a rule based machine
translation system , this requires knowledge about morphological,
syntactic and semantic properties of lexical items and multiword terms
and some encoding experience in this respect

4.       Test MT output and fine tune system

5.       Evaluate machine translation quality using the BLEU score, user
response etc.

6.       Have basic programming skills in .NET, Java, PHP or similar

7.       Work well within a team and liaise with external language
technology developers.

Please send your CV and other relevant information to the following
email address: nadia.portera-zanotti at langtech.co.uk.

More information is available on our websites: www.langtech.co.uk and
www.agile-web.com

We look forward to receiving your application.

With kind regards

Dr. Adriane Rinsche

Managing Director

Language Technology Centre Ltd.