[Elsnet-list] Job Ad: Speech Recognition Research Engineer, Cambridge, UK

Kate Knill kate.knill at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Tue Sep 1 20:05:47 CEST 2009

Speech Recognition Research Engineer
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd, Cambridge Research Lab (CRL)
http://www.toshiba-europe.com/research/crl/index.html

Toshiba Research Europe Ltd, Cambridge Research Lab (CRL) are
looking for a research engineer to join our ASR R&D team. You will help
create innovative speech to text systems that solve real world problems.
Please join us in developing intelligent systems that are aware of and able
to adapt to changes in speaker and environment.

Required:
- PhD in a relevant subject or equivalent industry expertise
- Good knowledge of HMMs and statistical pattern processing
- Good software skills in C, Python and Linux
- Good English and communication skills

Any of the following are welcomed:
- Experience in speaker adaptation
- Industrial coding experience
- Experience of working in a team
- Knowledge of other major European languages

The CRL Speech Technology Group (STG) is a multinational team of dynamic
individuals. We perform mid-to-long term research for Toshiba's speech
recognition and synthesis systems. We work in collaboration with our speech
groups in Toshiba RDC, Japan, and Toshiba China. CRL also contributes to the
development of systems for deployment in North America and Europe. Based in
the beautiful city of Cambridge, England, we have close links with the
University of Cambridge. Dr Mark Gales has recently joined us as a part-time
Technical Advisor.

Applicants should send a CV and a covering letter to
stg-jobs at crl.toshiba.co.uk.

Questions or requests for further details can be sent to Kate Knill at the
same email address.

Closing date for applications: 30 September 2009 (or until post filled)