[Elsnet-list] Advert request

Myddleton-Jones, Nicki Nicki.MJ at nuance.com
Wed Aug 11 20:30:02 CEST 2010

To Whom It May Concern:

Please could you advertise the below role on your website

Role :Speech Scientist

Location: Aachen Germany

Role responsiblities

* Train statistical language models for speech recognition and natural
language understanding in commercial products in a variety of languages
* Identify or gather suitable text for training language models
* Design, develop, and test semantic classifier rules and models
* Optimize accuracy of applications by analyzing performance and tuning
statistical language models, pronunciations, and acoustic models within
CPU and memory constraints of embedded platforms
* Identify recognition challenges and assess accuracy feasibility during
the design and pre-sales phase of a natural language speech application
* Contribute to innovativie speech UI design for natural language speech
applications.
* Work closely with Sr. Research Scientists to incorporate latest R&D
progress into customer projects and to provide feedback from customer
specific implementations to our R&D department for further enhancements
in our core product and tools
* Generate and present client-facing reports
* Act as technical lead on more intensive client projects
* Develop methodologies, scripts, procedures that improve efficiency and
quality

Skills and Experience required:

* MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Computational Linguistics,
Physics, Mathematics, or related field
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to
troubleshoot issues
* Several years experience with statistical language modeling
* Strong programming skills, preferably Perl or Python
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
* Ability to scope work taking technical, business and time-frame
constraints into consideration
* Ability to supervise or mentor junior staff
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability and willingness to occasionally travel and visit customers
within North America, Asia and Europe
* Works well independently and collaboratively in team settings in
fast-paced environment

Company profile

 Nuance is the leading provider of speech and imaging solutions for
businesses and consumers around the world. Our technologies,
applications and services make the user experience more compelling by
transforming the way people interact with information and how they
create, share and use documents. Every day, millions of users and
thousands of businesses, experience Nuance by calling directory
assistance, getting account information, dictating patient records,
telling a navigation system their destination, or digitally reproducing
documents that can be shared and searched. Making each of those
experiences productive and compelling is what Nuance is all about.

Nuance Mobile builds innovative, intelligent and intuitive touch and
speech interfaces to simplify and enhance the way people interact with
mobile devices, applications, and services.  Nuance Mobile solutions
make mobile devices and in-car systems easier to use, automate customer
self-service, and optimize the access and discovery of even the most
advanced mobile applications and content - regardless of technical
know-how, location, environment, or physical and literacy capabilities.

As a contributing member of Nuance, you will work within a dynamic team
environment to develop, support, market and sell our award-winning
software applications. We offer competitive compensation packages;
including stock options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401(k), full
health and welfare benefits and a challenging technical but casual work
environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team that operates
worldwide (Europe, US, APAC). Be a part of our fast growing track of
continuing success.

For more information, please see www.nuance.com <http://www.nuance.com/>
.

Nuance is an equal opportunity employer.

To be considered an applicant, please submit your resume to this job at:
http://www.nuance.com/company/careers/

Any query please come back to me.

Kind regards

Nicki Myddleton-Jones