[Elsnet-list] Open position: PhD student in EU project Insemtives
hr at sti2.at
Fri Aug 20 15:08:15 CEST 2010
PhD-Researcher in EU FP7 Project INSEMTIVES
/INSEMTIVES is an EU FP7 project starting April 2009 with a duration of
3 years and seven academic and industrial partners. In the project, we
will develop process methodologies and tools for the creation of
semantic data for different types of Web sources jointly exploiting
human intelligence, community effects and automatic machine processing.
The findings will be validated in three use cases in real-world
settings. For more information go to www.insemtives.eu/
* The opportunity to take part in an innovative European research
project focusing on several hot topics in to date’s Web and
Semantic Web research: incentives, Web 3.0, social applications,
lightweight knowledge engineering and semantic annotation.
* A stimulating environment of a leading research group in the
fields of semantic technologies, with excellent ties worldwide.
* An up-to-date infrastructure and resources, including funding for
attending international conferences, PhD symposia, summer schools.
* A multicultural working place with modern infrastructure and
facilities in a location with high life quality.
* A strong background in Computer Science or related disciplines.
* Willingness to work in an international environment and to take
actively part in large-scale international research projects.
* Willingness to combine formal scientific work with
application-oriented research in order to solve real-world problems.
* Research interest and expertise in the following areas:
ontologies, ontology engineering, ontology languages, Web 2.0,
social Web, social applications, collaborative applications,
We kindly invite you to submit your application to:
Chiffre MIP-6196 / Chiffre 6184
Posteinlaufstelle der Zentralen Dienste
Please include a current resume, a list of publications (if applicable),
and digital versions of your most relevant works (e.g., graduation thesis).
In case of any questions regarding this position please contact
Katharina Siorpaes at katharina (dot) siorpaes (at) sti2.at.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list