[Elsnet-list] Free Semantic API

Vasco Pedro vasco at bueda.com
Tue Feb 23 01:21:56 CET 2010

Dear Elsnet members,

    I apologize if this not the right place to post this announcement.
Being an Elsnet member for 8 years now, I thought this info would be
of interest to its members.

   Bueda, Inc, (http://www.bueda.com), a Pittsburgh based startup spun
out of Carnegie Mellon University, and of which I am the CEO,  has
launched a new API that aims to take noisy metadata and perform things
like tag normalization, semantic concept identification and automatic
categorization. Even though this API has a commercial goal it is free
for research and free for commercial uses up to a certain daily query
limit.

   I would like to invite Elsnet members to try out our demo by
clicking "try our demo" in our website (http://www.bueda.com).
Basically insert some metadata, such as tags and see what the API
produces. If you think that this would be useful for you, please don't
hesitate to request an API key. We are currently looking for Beta
partners in both industry and research.

   Please don't hesitate to send any questions or comments to
contact at bueda.com. If you feel that this is something you would like
to use, we will gladly work with you in integrating it into your own
process.

   Best wishes,

  Vasco Calais Pedro
  CEO