[Elsnet-list] Public release of Haitian Creole language data by Carnegie Mellon

Jeff Allen jeff.allen at free.fr
Sat Jan 23 12:17:26 CET 2010

Public release of Haitian Creole language data by Carnegie Mellon

The Language Technologies Institute (LTI) of Carnegie Mellon University's School
of Computer Science (CMU SCS) is making publicly available the Haitian Creole
spoken and text data that we have collected or produced. We are providing this
data with minimal restrictions (see license) in order to allow others to develop
language technology for Haiti, in parallel with our own efforts to help with
this crisis. Since organizing the data in a useful fashion is not instantaneous,
and more text data is currently being produced by collaborators, we will be
publishing the data incrementally on the web, as it becomes available.
http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/haitian/

Keep coming back to that web page daily because we are releasing more data
regularly.

Regards,

Jeff Allen
SAP Business Objects
Advisory Board, LINGUIST-List
Advisory Board, MultiLingual (Computing & Technology) magazine
Formerly of CMU and helping again to release this data created 12 years ago, and
to create additional data and translation systems for Haiti today.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffallen