[Elsnet-list] Job Ad: Speech Development Engineer, Cambridge, England

Kate Knill kate.knill at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Thu Jul 8 17:04:27 CEST 2010

Speech Development Engineer

Toshiba Research in Cambridge, England are looking for a
speech technology engineer with good software experience
to work on the development of speech synthesis and speech
recognition systems. This is a full-time position for three
years, starting as soon as possible.

The candidate will be joining a team of about 15 researchers
and engineers, based in the Science Park in Cambridge. We have
close links with the University of Cambridge, and enjoy a
stimulating intellectual environment. Our activities cover
leading-edge research as well as product development, in both
automatic speech recognition (ASR) and text-to-speech (TTS).

The successful candidate will ideally have experience in the
speech industry (ASR and/or TTS), with proven software skills
in one or more of C, Python and Perl, preferably under a
flavour of Linux. A Masters related to speech technology or
equivalent work experience is required, as is good attention to
detail. Mastery of European languages other than English will be
a distinct advantage. The candidate will join the Languages
Development team, and will be expected to help maintain both
existing product lines, and develop new products and processes.

Candidates must have the right to work in the European Union.

Our salaries are competitive with the rest of the industry.

To apply, send covering letter and CV to Kate Knill at
stg-jobs at crl.toshiba.co.uk.

Web: http://www.toshiba-europe.com/research/crl