[Elsnet-list] New postdoctoral opportunity in Distant Speech Recognition
dietrich.klakow at lsv.uni-saarland.de
Tue May 11 13:46:39 CEST 2010
Post Doc Position in SCALE Project
Duration: 24 months
Tentative Start Dates: January 1, 2011 (autumn 2010 start also possible)
Application deadline: June 15, 2010
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral researcher position in Distant
Speech Recognition at Saarland University, Germany. The position is for the
"Speech Communication with Adaptive LEarning" (SCALE) project.
SCALE is a Marie Curie Initial Training Network, funded by the European
Commission. It is a cooperative project between:
* IDIAP Research Institute in Martigny, Switzerland (Prof Herve Bourlard)
* Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands (Prof Lou Boves,
Dr Louis ten Bosch, Dr-ir Bert Cranen, Dr O. Scharenborg)
* RWTH Aachen, Germany (Prof Hermann Ney, Dr Ralf Schlueter)
* Saarland University, Germany (Prof Dietrich Klakow)
* University of Edinburgh, UK (Prof Steve Renals, Dr Simon King,
Dr Korin Richmond, Dr Joe Frankel)
* University of Sheffield, UK (Prof Roger Moore, Prof Phil Green,
Dr Thomas Hain, Dr Guido Sanguinetti) .
Nuance Communications, and Toshiba Research Europe Ltd are associated partners
of the program.
Distinguishing features of the cooperation include:
- Joint supervision of dissertations by lecturers from two partner institutions
- While staying with one institution for most of the time, the program includes
a stay at a second partner institution either from academic or industry for
three to nine months.
- An intensive research exchange program between all participating institutions
The Post Doc position is funded for two years. The salary is approximately
52000 EUR per year. There are additional mobility (up to 800 EUR/month) and
travel allowances (yearly allowance). Applicants must have a doctoral degree
at the time of recruitment or equivalent research experience. The research
experience may not exceed 5 years at the time of appointment.
Since the project is funded under a EU mobility scheme, the applicants may not be German citizens or have resided in Germany for more than 12 months in the past 3 years.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be submitted at http://www.scale.uni-saarland.de/ .
To apply for this position, please include:
- a statement of research interests, previous knowledge and activities
in any of the relevant research areas.
- a curriculum vitae indicating degrees obtained, disciplines covered
(e.g. list of courses ), publications, and other relevant experience
- a sample of written work (e.g. research paper, or dissertation chapter)
- copies of high school and university certificates, and transcripts
- two references (e-mailed directly to the SCALE office
(Diana.Schreyer at LSV.Uni-Saarland.De) before the deadline)
In case an application can only be submitted by regular post, it should
be sent to:
Spoken Language Systems, FR 7.4
C 71 Office 0.02
P.O. Box 15 11 50
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Dietrich Klakow
(Dietrich.Klakow at LSV.Uni-Saarland.De).
For more information see also http://www.scale.uni-saarland.de/
More information about the Elsnet-list