[Elsnet-list] ISABEL, CogART and One2One 2011 - Special Session/Workshop Proposals Deadline Extended to April 15, 2011

ISABEL Conference noreply at isabelconference.com
Sun Apr 3 18:42:19 CEST 2011

 <http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cCDg5EWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>

 <http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cCDg9EWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>

 <http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBwZEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>

 Dear All,

 Due to the large amount of requests, we have decided to extend the
deadline for special sessions and one-day workshops proposals of
ISABEL and CogART 2011 to April 15, 2011. Please consider that the
latter is a hard deadline and no other extension will be granted
afterwards.

 In this period, we have worked to establish the Technical Programme
Committees for ISABEL and CogART 2011, which both have already been
enlarged with respect to last year of many additional distinguished
members. The call for papers of ISABEL 2011 has been refined and the
list of featured special sessions enriched. Also, we have published
the call for papers of a special issue on cognitive radio, which is an
outcome of CogART 2010. Finally, a first list of potential match
makers has been created for One2One.

 Our mission this year is to preserve and further strengthen the
scientific quality of ISABEL and CogART, something that has already
been evaluated by last editions delegates to be highly satisfactory.
Accordingly, we will definitely make them as international conferences
of renowned scientific quality, where you will find very many
appealing and well-developed topics, and you will be able to
fruitfully share your ideas with prominent personalities within your
field of interest. In particular, the development of One2One, our
business and science match making, will facilitate you to create
during our conferences research opportunities and business
partnerships by means of one-to-one meetings between you and various
stakeholders, both from business and academia.

 Since we are willing to make One2One as a customized match making
event, which could perfectly fit your specific needs, please help us
understanding what you are exactly looking for by answering to our
quick 1-page online survey
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBwdEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
.

 Finally, we are also working to define our social programme in a way
to create a pleasant environment, where you can meet you professional
needs as well as enjoy your stay in Barcelona.

 In conclusion, we would like to ask you to mark your calendar with
these events, as many of your colleagues from all over the world have
already done!

 All updates can be found below and on our website.

 Thanks and kind regards,

 Simone Frattasi, Ph.D.

 ISABEL President

 http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBwREWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D

 <http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cCDg5EWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>

 ISABEL 2011

 4th International Symposium on Applied Sciences

 in Biomedical and Communication Technologies

 Theme: Smart Enablers of Communication and Biomedical Technologies
supporting Post-Disaster Aftermath

 See our Call for Papers here
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cCDg5EWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
.

 The inter-disciplinary approach is becoming an increasing need in
scientific and industrial communities. The most evident example of
such a need is represented by the strong interconnection between
biomedical and communication engineering. On the one hand, ICT can
provide new tools for making healthcare systems more efficient and
responsive in order to supply in-the-home and mobile healthcare
solutions. On the other hand, many of the most recent advances in
communication technologies - from algorithms to the electronics and
materials - are "bio-inspired". Moreover, it is increasing the
awareness of the great potentials offered by the synergistic
combination of many disciplines (e.g., mathematics and physics,
biology and chemistry) in both biomedical and communication
engineering.

 The global interest towards a safer Planet is forcing the industrial
and scientific worlds to seek for engineering solutions in order to
re-establish normal conditions both in terms of communication and
medical-related functionalities, which are two of most basic needs of
human beings, especially under critical scenarios in the aftermath of
a disaster, either natural or man-made. Hence, from 2011 onward,
ISABEL will also look upon the application of sciences in biomedical
and communication engineering so as to develop novel technologies and
solutions that can make our lives "safer" in critical situations

 Upcoming deadlines:

 April 15, 2011 | Special session proposals (submit this template
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBwVEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
 to secretariat at isabelconference.com
<mailto:secretariat at isabelconference.com>
)

 April 15, 2011 | Workshop proposals (submit this template
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBwJEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
 to secretariat at isabelconference.com
<mailto:secretariat at isabelconference.com>
)

 May 15, 2011 | Tutorial proposals (submit this template
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBwNEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
 to secretariat at isabelconference.com
<mailto:secretariat at isabelconference.com>
)

 May 15, 2011 | Demo/Prototype proposals (submit this template
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBwBEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
 to secretariat at isabelconference.com
<mailto:secretariat at isabelconference.com>
)

 June 15, 2011 | Regular paper/Extended abstract submission

 New – See our Technical Programme Committee here
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBwFEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
.

 See our Featured Special Sessions here
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBw5EWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
.

 See the Call for Papers of the Special Issue on “Wearable Computing
and Communication for e-Health”, Springer, Medical and Biological
Engineering & Computing, which is an outcome of ISABEL 2010, here
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBw9EWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
.

 <http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cCDg9EWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>

 CogART 2011

 4th International Conference on Cognitive Radio and Advanced Spectrum
Management

 Theme: Cognitive and Self-Organizing Networks for Disasters Aftermath
Assistance

 See our Call for Papers here
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cCDg9EWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
.

 Conventional fixed spectrum allocation cannot successfully cope with
the scarcity of radio frequency spectrum. Cognitive radio is a novel
technology, which improves the spectrum utilization by seeking and
opportunistically utilizing radio resources in time, frequency and
space domains on a real time basis. The cognitive radio technology
poses many new technical challenges, and overcoming these issues
becomes even more challenging due to non-uniform spectrum and other
radio resource allocation policies, economic considerations, the
inherent transmission impairments of wireless links and user mobility.
Cognitive radio technology advances are based on interdisciplinary
research, including among others: signal processing, information
theory, communications engineering, artificial intelligence, game
theory, economics and legal issues. This conference aims at publishing
high quality research papers related to cognitive radio and its
applications.

 An important and emerging application of cognitive networks and
self-organizing networks, in general, is to help in the aftermath
assistance in case of natural or man-made disaster strikes. To give
relief in the affected areas, the interested parties, i.e., relief and
security groups, need communications support; therefore, a
communication network needs to be established as quickly and as easily
as possible in order to ensure that rescue and relief efforts are not
further hindered. From a communication perspective, a disaster
scenario can be characterized as having hazardous spatial environments
(with the prevention of infrastructure deployment as a consequence)
and possibly radio environments as well (with the impairment of the
spectrum bands assigned to disaster relief services as a consequence).
Cognitive and self-organizing networks come as a solution to implement
disaster relief networks, the latter being infrastructure-less or not.

<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBgZEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
 to secretariat at isabelconference.com

<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBgdEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
 to secretariat at isabelconference.com

<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBgREWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
 to secretariat at isabelconference.com

<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBgVEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
 to secretariat at isabelconference.com
<mailto:secretariat at isabelconference.com>
)

 June 15, 2011 | Regular paper/Extended abstract submission

 New – See our Technical Programme Committee here
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBgJEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
.

 See our Featured Special Sessions here
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBgNEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
.

 See the Call for Papers of the Special Issue on “Advances in
Cognitive Radio: Cooperative Coexistence and Spectrum Sensing”,
Inderscience Publishers, IJAACS, which is an outcome of CogART 2010,
here
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBgBEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
.

 <http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBwZEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>

 one2one

 Business & Science Match

 See our Invitation Letter here
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBwZEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
.

 Networking during conferences is certainly productive, but there is a
way to make it more effective! Do you want to find partners for your
projects; authors or editors for your publications; clients or
business partners for your products or services?

 With the One2One 2011, we aim at implementing innovation by bringing
together different stakeholders. In fact, we intend to generate new
research opportunities and business collaborations by offering
profitable chances of one-to-one meetings between researchers,
students, managers and other professional figures from companies,
universities, public institutions, publishers, etc.

 We are really interested in your point of view as we want to create
an event in which you can satisfy your specific needs. So, please help
us to understand what you are looking for in the One2One 2011 by
answering to our quick 1-page online survey
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBwdEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
.

 New – See our list of potential match makers, here
<http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBgFEWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D>
.

--
If you do not want to receive any more newsletters,
http://lnx.isabelconference.com/lists/lt.php?id=YktQB1cDBg5EWh4FBlUGVQ%3D%3D