[Elsnet-list] Final call for papers: The 24th IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems (CBMS 2011)
cbms2011 at uwe.ac.uk
Fri Apr 15 15:23:56 CEST 2011
ONLY A FEW DAYS UNTIL THE PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE!
CBMS 2011, the 24th IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems (http://www.cbms2011.org) will be held at the University of the West of England, Bristol, from June 27th to 30th 2011. The conference will provide an international forum for discussing the latest developments in the field of computational medicine, biomedical informatics and related fields. There will be regular and special track sessions with technical contributions reviewed and selected by an international programme committee, as well as keynote talks and tutorials given by leading experts in their fields.
The symposium is the premier conference for computational medicine, providing a mechanism for the exchange of ideas and technologies between academics and industrial scientists, and attracts a worldwide audience.
Regular and special track presentations will cover a broad range of issues in (but not limited to) the following areas:
• Software Systems in Medicine
• Computer-Aided Diagnosis
• Knowledge Discovery & Data Mining
• Knowledge-Based Systems and Techniques
• Decision Support Systems
• Medical Devices with Embedded Computers
• Signal and Image Processing in Medicine
• Medical Image Segmentation & Compression
• Machine Vision in Medicine
• Medical Robotics
• Network and Telemedicine Systems
• Medical Databases & Information Systems
• Web-Based Delivery of Medical Information
• Multimedia Biomedical Databases
• Content Analysis of Biomedical Image Data
• Handheld Computing Applications in Medicine
• Bioinformatics in Medicine
• Pervasive Health Systems and Services
Special tracks that have been organized:
1. Computational Proteomics and Genomics
2. Knowledge Discovery and Decision Systems in Biomedicine
3. Technology Enhanced Learning in Medical Education
4. Intelligent Patient Management
5. Data Streams in Healthcare
6. Supporting Collaboration in Healthcare
7. Biomedical Image Processing and Informatics
8. Medical Robotics
9. Assistive Technologies
10. Ontologies for Biomedical Systems
Workshops will be held on a range of topics, including:
• Health Level Seven (HL7) and Related Standards
• Machine Vision in Medicine
• Ontologies in Biomedical Informatics
CBMS 2011 invites original previously unpublished contributions that are not submitted concurrently to a journal or another conference. Many of the above listed topics will be represented by corresponding Special Tracks, while others are solely covered by the general (main) CBMS track. Prospective authors are expected to submit their contributions to one of the corresponding Special Tracks or to the general track if none of the special tracks is relevant.
Each contribution must be prepared following the IEEE two-column format, and should not exceed the length of 6 (six) Letter-sized pages; LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates are available at www.cbms2011.org. The papers should be submitted electronically before the paper submission deadline using the EasyChair online submission system. Papers must be submitted in PDF format, with fonts embedded.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least three reviewers. Each Program Committee of the corresponding Special Track or General Track will be responsible for the final decision about acceptance of papers submitted to that track. All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings published by the IEEE CS Press. At least one author must pay the registration fee before May 30th for each accepted paper.
A limited number of places with on-site accommodation will be available for only £450 (tbc). This all-in registration including accommodation will be preferentially allocated to students. Registration will include free access to all sessions from the co-located HealthGrid 2011 conference.
Submission deadline: 20 April 2011
Notification to authors: 20 May 2011
Camera-ready deadline: 30 May 2011
Registration deadline: 30 May 2011
Conference days: 27-30 June 2011
See http://www.cbms2011.org/?call-for-papers.html for more details. Also, please circulate this to your students, colleagues, and anyone else you think might be interested. We hope to see you soon in Bristol!
CBMS 2011 Admin Team
More information about the Elsnet-list