[Elsnet-list] First Call for papers 6th International Global Wordnet Conference.
p.vossen at let.vu.nl
Thu Apr 21 17:27:46 CEST 2011
Could you please include the following event in the list?
Thank you very much
6th International Global Wordnet Conference,
January, 9-13, 2012
First Call for papers 6th International Global Wordnet Conference.
The Global Wordnet Association is pleased to announce the 6th International Global Wordnet Conference (GWC2012).
The conference will be held at Kunibiki Messe (www.kunibikimesse.jp/en/index.html), Matsue, Japan, in January 2012. It is organized by the Global Wordnet Association, the Toyohashi University of Technology and the National Institute of Japanese Language and Linguistics. Matsue is located in the west part of Japan, about 1000km west from Tokyo.
Local organization: Hitoshi Isahara (Toyohashi University of Technology) and Kyoko Kanzaki (National Institute of Japanese Language and Linguistics).
Details about the Association and the full announcement for the conference can be found on the GWA website (www.globalwordnet.org) and on the conference website (to be launched).
We invite papers addressing the topics listed below. Proposals for tutorials on building wordnets and demonstrations of wordnet databases, and wordnet-based software are welcome too.
1. Linguistics and lexical semantics, including:
* In depth analysis of Semantic Relations,
* Determining and representing word meanings (definitions, relations, semantic components, co-occurrence statistics, etc.)
* Necessity and Completeness issues.
* Ontologies and wordnets.
* The lexicon and wordnets.
2. Architecture of lexical databases, including:
* Language independent and language dependent components
3. Tools and Methods for Wordnet Development, including:
* User and Data entry interface, organization,
* Extending and enriching wordnets
4. WordNet as a lexical resource and component of NLP and MT, including:
* Word sense disambiguation using wordnet,
* Ontologies and WordNet,
* The Lexicon and WordNet
5. Applications of WordNet, including:
* Information Extraction and Retrieval,
* Document Structuring and Categorization,
* Automatic Hyperlinking
* Language Teaching,
* Psycholinguistic Applications
6. Standardization, distribution and availability of wordnets and wordnet tools.
Presentations will fall into one of the following categories:
* long papers (30 mins)
* short papers (15 mins)
* project reports (10 mins)
* demonstrations (20 mins)
Submissions will have to state one of the preferred categories. Acceptance may be subject to changes in the category of the presentation, e.g. a long paper submission may be accepted as a short paper.
Final papers should be submitted in electronic form (PDF only):
* Long papers should contain approximately 4,000 words (~ 8 pages),
* Demonstration papers must be at most 5 pages text (2,500 words long) and can have additional 3 pages screen dumps or images;
* Short papers and project descriptions should be approx. 2,500 words long (~ 5 pages).
Papers need to be submitted to the EasyChair website:
GWA 2012 Easy Chair site: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gwa2012
The format of the paper is in ACL format (PDF):
ACL 2010 paper formats: http://acl2010.org/authors_final.html
The conference program will include oral presentations and demonstration sessions with sufficient time for discussions of the issues raised.
The deadline for submissions is September 1st, 2011. Decisions regarding acceptance will be announced to the authors by end of September. Final papers are due at October 10th.
Important note: Inclusion of accepted submissions into the final program and the proceedings is contingent upon at least one author's registration. Late registration and on site registration for participants is possible without inclusion of the paper and without presentation.
1. September-1-2011 Deadline for paper submission
2. September-30-2011 Acceptance of papers
3. October-10-2011 Final Papers
4. October-15-2011 Registration is open
5. November-15-2011 Registration closes for author(s) to be included in the proceedings
6. January 9-13, 2011 Conference
Please note that traveling to Japan may require a Visa. Please, consult the Japan National Tourist Organization:
Also visit the conference website (to be launched) for relevant information.
Fellbaum at clarity.Princeton.edu
P.Vossen at let.vu.nl
Local Organizing Chairs:
Toyohashi University of Technology
Email: isahara at tut.jp
National Institute of Japanese Language and Linguistics
Email: kanzaki at ninjal.ac.jp
More information about the Elsnet-list