[Elsnet-list] [CLARIN Members] Read-out speech corpus needed

Khalid CHOUKRI choukri at elda.org
Fri Apr 22 18:26:26 CEST 2011

Hi Mike

what about the speeches collected at InterSpeech 1993 in Berlin, Called
TED, The Translanguage English Database
This is
"a corpus of recordings made of oral presentations at Eurospeech'93 in
Berlin. The corpus name derives from the high percentage of oral
presentations given in English by non-native speakers of English. Two
hundred twenty-four (224) oral presentations at the conference were
successfully recorded, providing a total of about 75 hours of speech
material. These recordings provide a large number of presenters,
speaking multiple variants of English, over a relatively large amount of
time (15 minutes for each presentation + 5 minutes of discussion), on a
specific topic.

see details at: http://catalog.elra.info/product_info.php?products_id=637

all the best
Khalid

P.S. You may want to look at the romance languages corpus C-Oral-Rom
C-ORAL-ROM - Integrated reference corpora for spoken romance languages.
Multi-media edition; tools of analysis; standard linguistic measurements
for validation in HLT
http://catalog.elra.info/product_info.php?products_id=757