[Elsnet-list] ENLG11: Call for Participation
claire.gardent at loria.fr
Wed Aug 3 15:46:33 CEST 2011
ENLG 2011, 13th EUROPEAN WORKSHOP ON NATURAL LANGUAGE GENERATION
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
ENLG 2011 will take place in Nancy, France, Sep. 28-30, 2011.
- Oliver Lemon, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK
- Johanna Moore, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Jeff Orkin, MIT Media Lab, USA
The ENLG 2011 workshop continues a biennial series of workshops on natural language generation that has been running since 1987, providing a regular forum for presentation of research in this area. ENLG 2011 invites substantial, original, and unpublished submissions on all topics related to natural language generation. This includes research on core NLG issues as well as research in any area of NLP that produces language output, such as dialog systems, summarization, MT, etc.
ENLG 2011 will feature the following events:
- Main conference: Short and Long papers
- Generation Challenges 2011 Special Session: Presentation of Results from SR, HOO and GIVE; New Tasks and Status Reports for non-running tasks; Poster Session for all tasks and new tasks/status reports
- SimpleNLG User Group Meeting : There will be a one-hour user group meeting for the simplenlg package to discuss future developments of this software. If there is sufficient interest, we will also have a one-hour lab session where novice users learn how to use simplenlg (knowledge of Java is required), and experienced users can ask technical questions about the package
- Bird of a Feather sessions: Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF) sessions provide an environment for colleagues with similar interests to meet for an informal discussion to exchange ideas and share information. The proposers of a BoF session will serve as thdiscussion leader, but they are not expected to and, in fact, should not prepare a presentation.
And also: a bowling aperitif, a banquet in the Townhall Grand Salons and a guided tour of the old town.
Registration for the workshop should be done from the ENLG 2011
conference site ( http://talc.loria.fr/-ENLG-2011-.html). Early
registration ends on 14th August 2011.
- Alexandre Denis, CNRS/LORIA, Nancy, France
- Claire Gardent, CNRS/LORIA, Nancy, France
- Alejandra Lorenzo, University of Nancy 1/LORIA, Nancy, France
- Shashi Narayan, University of Nancy 1/LORIA, Nancy, France
- Laura Perez-Beltrachini, University of Nancy 1/LORIA, Nancy, France
More information about the Elsnet-list