[Elsnet-list] Languages in Biology and Medicine 2011 (2nd CFP)

Jung-jae Kim (Asst Prof) jungjae.kim at ntu.edu.sg
Mon Aug 15 11:51:00 CEST 2011

                Second Call for papers

      The Fourth International Symposium on

Languages in Biology and Medicine 2011 (LBM 2011)

      Singapore, December 14th and 15th, 2011

          http://lbm2011.biopathway.org/

  Paper Submission Deadline: September 5, 2011

  Poster Submission Deadline: October 15, 2011

The International Symposium on Languages in Biology and Medicine is a biennial forum that brings together researchers in biology, chemistry, medicine, public health and informatics to discuss and exploit cutting edge language technologies. The fourth symposium (LBM 2011) will be held at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore on December 14th and 15th, 2011. This year it will be organised as a pre-conference workshop of the 25th Pacific Asia Conference on Language, Information and Computation (PACLIC 25).

TOPICS. We invite papers on natural language processing, ontology engineering and matching, bio-sequence analysis, systems modelling, database systems, logical inference, information visualization, and image retrieval. This year we particularly encourage submissions focusing on languages in health-care and chemistry to reflect recent research trends in translational medicine and clinical and chemical informatics.

The topics include, but are not limited to:

- Text mining, retrieval, and management

- Semantic indexing and querying

- Ontology construction, mapping, integration, and maintenance

- Sequence analysis using language processing techniques

- Data modelling and annotation languages

- Information integration and visualization

- Languages for health-care and chemistry

KEYNOTES. We are delighted to announce two keynote presentations by Dina Demner-Fushman (National Library of Medicine) and Peter Murray-Rust (University of Cambridge).

PAPER SUBMISSION. We invite both long (8 pages) and short (4 pages) papers presenting original research, as well as poster presentations. Instructions for authors are available athttp://lbm2011.biopathway.org/index.php?p=instructions_for_authors

Selected papers will be published in special issues of Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (JBCB), Journal of Biomedical Semantics (JBMS) and Journal of Computing Science and Engineering (JCSE).

IMPORTANT DATES.

Paper Submission Deadline: September 5, 2011

Paper Acceptance Notification: September 30, 2011

Poster Submission Deadline: October 15, 2011

Poster Acceptance Notification: October 22, 2011

A full call for papers is available at

http://lbm2011.biopathway.org/index.php?p=call_for_papers

We are looking forward to your contributions.

Best wishes,

Jong C. Park and Limsoon Wong (General Chairs)

Goran Nenadic and Jung-jae Kim (Program Chairs)

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its content. Thank you.

Towards A Sustainable Earth: Print Only When Necessary