[Elsnet-list] CFP i-Know 2012 - 12th Int. Conf. on Knowledge Management and Knowledge Technologies
mgrani at know-center.at
Thu Dec 22 09:48:36 CET 2011
(Apologies for cross-posting)
Call for Papers - http://i-know.tugraz.at/i-science/call-for-papers
i-know 12 - 12th International Conference on Knowledge Management and Knowledge Technologies , 5 to 7 September 2012, Graz, Austria
Submission Deadline: April 02 2012
Focusing on the Synergies of Knowledge Computing Disciplines
i-KNOW is the premier conference series on Knowledge Management & Knowledge Technologies in Europe. Founded in 2001, it annually attracts over 500 international attendees. i-KNOW acts as an incubator for innovation by bringing together relevant disciplines and communities.
i-KNOW has developed into the crystallization point for different disciplines of knowledge computing, such as machine learning, semantic technologies, social networks, context-aware computing, etc. Renown researchers from all these knowledge computing disciplines meet to present and discuss their approaches and explore novel ways of integrating them. This multitude of approaches, all applied to the management of knowledge, accounts for the highly innovative atmosphere of i-KNOW. This is further strengthened by the I-SEMANTICS Conference which is being held concurrently for 6 years already.
For 12 years now, i-KNOW brings together researchers, practitioners, enterpreneurs, and technology developers in Knowledge Management & Knowledge Technologies to address the current challenges and advances in the field. With nearly 50% of participants comming from business or industry the i-KNOW offers the unique setting for in-depth discussions between researchers and practitioners.
Like all major societal challenges, knowledge management touches diverse aspects of life and thus needs a multi-disciplinary approach for finding solutions. i-KNOW addresses this by including experts and researchers from Business Science and the Social Sciences. This interdisciplinary environment offers the opportunity to establish collaborations, strengthen links and cross-fertilize core disciplines.
The i-KNOW conference series has the tradition of bringing together Europe´s and US leading researchers with local practitioners involved in Knowledge and Innovation Management. Deliberately reaching out to the Americas, i-KNOW offers impulses and insights from additional research communites which otherwise would be left untapped.
i-KNOW 2012 will continue the successful tradition of the conference series and will specifically provide interactive and innovative formats to support the synergies of knowledge computing fields.
• Submission Deadline: April 02, 2012
• Notification of Acceptance: May 07, 2012
• Camery Ready Version: June 04, 2012
In addition to full and short papers, we also invite contributions for posters and demonstrations. Have a look at the Paper Submission page for more details.
From both research and innovative practice perspectives the following topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to:
• Theories, Concepts, and Models of Knowledge Management
• Relationship between Knowledge Management and Professional Learning
• Innovation Management and innovative Business Models
• Enterprise 2.0 and Corporate Web 2.0
• Computer-Mediated Communication, Working and Learning with Social Media
• Evaluation and Use Case Studies of Knowledge Management
• Knowledge Management in the Future Internet
• Viral Marketing
• Social Media, Social Web, and Social Network Analysis
• Web 2.0, Future Internet, and Web Science
• Semantic Technologies
• Linked (Open) Data
• Artificial Intelligence
• Rule-based Systems
• (Knowledge) Service Infrastructures and Web Services
• Cloud Computing
• Adaptive, context-aware systems
• Mobile computing approaches
• Trust & privacy approaches
• Capturing usage data and context data
• Sensor-based context capture
• Analyses of user context data: User modelling, both theoretical and technical contributions, User model maintenance, Statistical and machine-learning analyses
• Privacy and security, both technical and user-interaction issues
• Context-aware systems
• Context-aware recommender systems
• Context-based adaptive systems
• User-adaptive systems
• User Interaction with context-aware systems
• Applications, especially: TEL – User Context in Technology Enhanced Learning, PIM – User Context in Personal Information Management, CSCW – User Context in Computer-Supported Cooperative Work
• Models/Theories/Concepts of Collaborative Knowledge Creation and Evolution, e.g. Coevolution Model, Collaborative knowledge construction and modeling, Knowledge Maturing
• Models of emergent social media properties, such as Models of social media users and their motivations and goals, Models of propagation and influence in twitter, blogs and social tagging systems, Models of expertise and trust in twitter, wikis, newsgroups, question and answering systems
• Tools and Methods that support collaborative knowledge creation/evolution of knowledge
• Empirical Studies on collaborative knowledge creation, sharing, communication etc. within organisations and communities of practice
• Ontology Evolution
• Information Quality
• Research Methodology: Social Science Research Methods, Inferential Statistics
• Information retrieval and search
• Multimedia and cross-modal retrieval
• Cross-language retrieval
• Knowledge discovery on unstructured and multimedia data
• Semantic-enhanced knowledge discovery
• Knowledge discovery in the Future Internet
• Information quality on the Web
• Information diffusion and reuse
• Knowledge relationship discovery and statistical relational learning
• Large Scale Knowledge Discovery
• Text mining and semantic enrichment
• Natural language processing
• Scalable machine learning methods
• Topic detection and tracking
• Data structures, frameworks, and models underlying knowledge discovery data mining
i-KNOW 2012 Special Tracks
In addition to the topics listed above, this years conference offers the opportunity to contribute to two Special Tracks which target the topics of Visual Analytics and Science 2.0. Both Special Tracks will take place on the first conference day (September 5, 2012) and will each feature a whole day of scientific advances, in-depth analysis, and application of the topic in focus.
TAVA ’12 – Special Track on Theory and Applications of Visual Analytics
For the list of possible topics for the TAVA special track, please refer directly to the TAVA Call for Papers.
Science 2.0 Special Track
For the list of possible topics for the Science 2.0 special track, please refer directly to the Science 2.0 Call for Papers.
Dr. Michael Granitzer
Know-Center Graz, http://www.know-center.at
Graz University of Technology, http://kmi.tugraz.at
Tel: +43 316 873 9263 Fax: +43 316 873-109263
Mobile: +43 664 963 2241
mgranitzer at acm.org
More information about the Elsnet-list