[Elsnet-list] Job Announcement: Hindi & Computational Linguistics, SVOX AG, Switzerland
Marianne.Santaholma at Svox.com
Thu Jan 6 15:38:21 CET 2011
Job Announcement: Hindi & Computational Linguistics: Linguist, SVOX AG, Zurich, Switzerland
SVOX AG is a dynamic technology company specialized in speech technology
(text-to-speech, automatic speech recognition, dialogue).
We are seeking to temporarily (10 months) add to our language development team a
computational linguist for Hindi (modern standard Hindi).
You will create new language components for use with our state-of-the-art text-to-speech engine.
We invite applications from language specialists that natively speak Hindi.
SVOX provides a varied position in an international, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
-Development of language-specific components needed to analyse texts
(grammars, rule sets, lexicon evaluation and script-based adaptation)
- Quality assessment and improvement of phonetic transcriptions
- Definition of phonological rules
- Definition of accentuation and phrasing rules
- Definition of grapheme-to-phoneme rules
- Preparation of text material for recordings
- Supervising the recordings
- Annotating the recordings and creating a speech database
- Testing and quality assessment of the integrated system
Qualifications and required skills:
- Native speaker of Hindi
- Masters degree in linguistics, computer science, or related field
- 1+ years experience in text-to-speech technology is a strong plus
- Interest in speech synthesis, prosody, and morpho-syntactic analysis of text
- Programming and scripting skills are desirable
- Working knowledge of English
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Has a positive attitude and enjoys working in a team
- High quality standards
- Willingness to relocate to Zurich (Switzerland) or Munich (Germany), for 10 months
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Please contact: Mrs Barbara Steiner
Email: barbara.steiner at svox.com<mailto:barbara.steiner at svox.com>
Application Email: hr at svox.com<mailto:hr at svox.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list