[Elsnet-list] Industry Day : ECIR 2012 - The 34th European Conference on Information Retrieval
rblanco at udc.es
Tue Jul 5 18:41:51 CEST 2011
Apologies for cross-postings
INDUSTRY DAY: ECIR 2012
34th European Conference on Information Retrieval
Barcelona, Spain, 1-5 April 2012
Submissions by 2 October 2011(papers) and 15 December 2011 (oral presentations)
The ECIR 2012 Industry Day will be held on Thursday, April 5, 2012.
The main goal is to attract contributions on topics of mutual interest to industrial practitioners and academic researchers in Information Retrieval, mainly around (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Novel industrial applications that introduce new IR problems.
- Case studies showing successful industrial adaptations of IR theory and principles in practice.
- Academic abstractions of complex, real-life industrial IR challenges that resulted in performance breakthroughs.
- Successful industry-academy collaborations on real-life problems.
- Industrial challenges where increased academic attention is required.
- Publicly available benchmarks and datasets, and their ability to predict performance of real systems.
Interested authors are invited to contribute by either submitting a full paper or by proposing an oral-only presentation:
Full paper contributions will be 12-page submissions in the format of regular research papers. Submissions will undergo a peer-review process and accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings. To submit, please email the submission to both organizers (see emails below).
Oral-only presentations will not appear in the conference’s proceedings (slide handouts will be distributed to Industry Day attendees). To submit proposals for informal presentations, please send both organizers the following details:
- Short CV of the presenter(s) (125 words)
- Title and abstract of the presentation (500 words)
While demos are encouraged in both types of contributions, please avoid sales pitches.
- Fabrizio Silvestri, ICTI-CNR, Pisa, Italy; fabrizio.silvestri (at) isti.cnr.it
- Ronny Lempel, Yahoo! Labs, Haifa, Israel; rlempel (at) yahoo-inc.com
Sihem Amer-Yahia, QCRI - Qatar Computing Research Institute, Qatar, sihemameryahia (at) gmail.com
Ron Bekkerman, LinkedIn, US, rbekkerman (at) linkedin.com
David Carmel, IBM Research, Israel, carmel (at) il.ibm.com
Paolo Ferragina, University of Pisa, Italy, ferragina (at) di.unipi.it
Antonio Gulli, Microsoft, UK, gulli (at) di.unipi.it
Rosie Jones, Akamai, US, rosie.jones (at) acm.org
Irwin King , Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, king (at) cse.cuhk.edu.hk
Udo Krushwitz, University of Essex , UK, udo (at) essex.ac.uk
Christina Lioma, University of Stuttgart, Germany, liomca (at) gmail.com
Gilad Mishne, Twitter, US, gilad (at) mishne.org
Raffaele Perego, ISTI - CNR, Pisa, Italy, r.perego (at) isti.cnr.it
Diego Puppin, Google, US, diego.puppin (at) alum.mit.edu
Arjen de Vries, Delft University of Technology, Netherland, arjen (at) acm.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list