[Elsnet-list] Languages in Biology and Medicine 2011 (LBM 2011)

Goran Nenadic g.nenadic at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Jun 20 12:49:50 CEST 2011

                  Call for papers
        The Fourth International Symposium on
  Languages in Biology and Medicine 2011 (LBM 2011)
        Singapore, December 14th and 15th, 2011
            http://lbm2011.biopathway.org/

    Paper Submission Deadline: September 5, 2011
    Poster Submission Deadline: October 15, 2011

The International Symposium on Languages in Biology and Medicine
is a biennial forum that brings together researchers in biology,
chemistry, medicine, public health and informatics to discuss and
exploit cutting edge language technologies. The fourth symposium
(LBM 2011) will be held at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU),
Singapore on December 14th and 15th, 2011. This year it will be
organised as a pre-conference workshop of the 25th Pacific Asia
Conference on Language, Information and Computation (PACLIC 25).

TOPICS. We invite papers on natural language processing, text mining,
ontology engineering and matching, bio-sequence analysis, systems
modelling, database systems, logical inference, information
visualization, and image retrieval. This year we particularly encourage
submissions focusing on languages in health-care and chemistry
to reflect recent research trends in translational medicine and
clinical and chemical informatics.

The topics include, but are not limited to:
- Text mining, retrieval, and management
- Semantic indexing and querying
- Ontology construction, mapping, integration, and maintenance
- Sequence analysis using language processing techniques
- Data modelling and annotation languages
- Information integration and visualization
- Languages for health-care and chemistry

KEYNOTES. We are delighted to announce two keynote presentations
by Dina Demner-Fushman (National Library of Medicine) and Peter
Murray-Rust (University of Cambridge).

PAPER SUBMISSION. We invite both long (8 pages) and short (4 pages)
papers presenting original research, as well as poster presentations.
Instructions for authors are available at
http://lbm2011.biopathway.org/index.php?p=instructions_for_authors

Selected papers will be published in special issues of Journal of
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (JBCB), Journal of Biomedical
Semantics (JBMS) and Journal of Computing Science and Engineering (JCSE).

IMPORTANT DATES.
Paper Submission Deadline: September 5, 2011
Paper Acceptance Notification: September 30, 2011
Poster Submission Deadline: October 15, 2011
Poster Acceptance Notification: October 22, 2011

A full call for papers is available at
http://lbm2011.biopathway.org/index.php?p=call_for_papers

We are looking forward to your contributions.

Best wishes,
Jong C. Park and Limsoon Wong (General Chairs)
Goran Nenadic and Jung-jae Kim (Program Chairs)