[Elsnet-list] Postdoctoral position in Computer Science: Open health architectures for developing African countries
moodleyd37 at ukzn.ac.za
Sun Nov 6 13:05:03 CET 2011
Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research position in the School of Computer Science, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, South Africa.The successful applicant will engage in full-time postdoctoral studies in the Health Enterprise Architecture Lab (HEAL) (see http://heal.cs.ukzn.ac.za) under the supervision of HEAL Faculty (Dr. Deshen Moodley, Prof. Chris Seebregts and Anban Pillay). The incumbent should have experience in open architectures and systems and an interest in innovating new architectures and technologies for Health Information Systems in low resource settings. The position is for a year and is renewable for a second year, subject to satisfactory progress.
- A doctoral degree in Computer Science or related area.
- Appropriate experience to undertake postdoctoral research in the specified area
- Full curriculum vitae, including a list of publications.
- Completion of the application form and Annexure A from the HEAL website (http://heal.cs.ukzn.ac.za).
The total funding will range from R 180 000 to R 270 000 per year comprising of:
- a tax free scholarship of R 180 000 for one year and, subject to satisfactory progress, renewable for a second year
- a top up of up to R 90 000 per year depending on the experience of the candidate and the availability of funds.
There is no deadline and the position will be open until a suitable candidate is found. Applications and enquiries should be sent to:
Dr Deshen Moodley
deshen at cs.ukzn.ac.za
Please find our Email Disclaimer here: http://www.ukzn.ac.za/disclaimer/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list