[Elsnet-list] Languages in Biology and Medicine 2011 (final CFP - EXTENDED DEADLINE - 16 Sept)

Goran Nenadic g.nenadic at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Sep 9 21:42:36 CEST 2011

Dear all,

due to technical problems with Web access and some requests for
extension, the submission deadline for LBM 2011 is now moved to *Friday,
September 16, 2011*. The final call for short and long
papers is below.

Best wishes,
LBM 2011 organising committee

                  Final Call for papers
        The Fourth International Symposium on
  Languages in Biology and Medicine 2011 (LBM 2011)
        Singapore, December 14th and 15th, 2011

            http://lbm2011.biopathway.org/

    **Paper Submission Deadline: September 16, 2011**
      Poster Submission Deadline: October 17, 2011

The International Symposium on Languages in Biology and Medicine
is a biennial forum that brings together researchers in biology,
chemistry, medicine, public health and informatics to discuss and
exploit cutting edge language technologies. The fourth symposium
(LBM 2011) will be held at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU),
Singapore on December 14th and 15th, 2011. This year it will be
organised as a pre-conference workshop of the 25th Pacific Asia
Conference on Language, Information and Computation (PACLIC 25).

TOPICS. We invite papers on natural language processing, ontology
engineering and matching, bio-sequence analysis, systems modelling,
database systems, logical inference, information visualization, and
image retrieval. This year we particularly encourage submissions
focusing on languages in health-care and chemistry to reflect recent
research trends in translational medicine and clinical and chemical
informatics.

The topics include, but are not limited to:
- Text mining, retrieval, and management
- Semantic indexing and querying
- Ontology construction, mapping, integration, and maintenance
- Sequence analysis using language processing techniques
- Data modelling and annotation languages
- Information integration and visualization
- Languages for health-care and chemistry

KEYNOTES. We are delighted to announce two keynote presentations by
Dina Demner-Fushman (National Library of Medicine) and Peter Murray-Rust
(University of Cambridge).

PAPER SUBMISSION. We invite both long (8 pages) and short (4 pages)
papers presenting original research, as well as poster presentations.
Instructions for authors are available at
http://lbm2011.biopathway.org/index.php?p=instructions_for_authors

Selected papers will be published in special issues of Journal of
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (JBCB), Journal of Biomedical
Semantics (JBMS) and Journal of Computing Science and Engineering (JCSE).

IMPORTANT DATES.
Paper Submission Deadline: September 16, 2011
Paper Acceptance Notification: October 7, 2011
Poster Submission Deadline: October 17, 2011
Poster Acceptance Notification: October 22, 2011

A full call for papers is available at
http://lbm2011.biopathway.org/index.php?p=call_for_papers

We are looking forward to your contributions.

Best wishes,

Jong C. Park and Limsoon Wong (General Chairs)
Goran Nenadic and Jung-jae Kim (Program Chairs)