[Elsnet-list] Call for participation Supporting Digital Humanities 2001, Copenhagen

Bente Maegaard bmaegaard at hum.ku.dk
Fri Sep 23 13:50:34 CEST 2011

Registration for the conference is now open, and you are invited to register as soon as possible!

The website is http://cst.ku.dk/sdh2011/

"SDH2011 - Answering the unaskable"

Following up on the success of the first SDH conference, held in Vienna in 2010, the CLARIN<http://www.clarin.eu/external/> and DARIAH<http://www.dariah.eu/> initiatives have decided to jointly organise the second SDH conference, to be held 17-18 November 2011 at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark.

Digital technologies have the potential to transform the types of research questions that we ask in the Humanities, allowing us both to address traditional questions in new and exciting ways but also to answer questions that we were not even aware we could ask - hence the title of this conference. How can digital humanities help us not just to find the answers to our research questions more quickly and more easily, but also to formulate research questions we would never have been able to ask without access to large quantities of digital data and sophisticated tools for their analysis? Supporting Digital Humanities will be a forum for the discussion of these innovations, and of the ways in which these new forms of research can be facilitated and supported.

On the website you will also find the list of accepted papers and other useful information.

Please note the Early bird deadline of October 15.

We look forward to seeing you here in Copenhagen

best wishes

Bente

--Bente Maegaard, Director, Center for Sprogteknologi, University of Copenhagen
Njalsgade 140, DK-2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark, URL: www.cst.ku.dk
Tel +45 3532 9074 (dir.), Fax +45 3532 9089