[Elsnet-list] Job opening: Speech Recognition Software Development for Comcast in Washington DC or Philadelphia PA
Brian_Curtis at cable.comcast.com
Fri Dec 7 04:35:58 CET 2012
Engineer 4, Speech Recognition Software Development
Location: Washington DC or Philadelphia PA
Job Type: Full-Time
Category: Information Technology - Engineering
Division: T+PD (Technology + Product Development)
Comcast is the largest cable company and ISP in the world. We are looking for talented engineers to help us change the future of content discovery for television.
About This Job
To develop new technology and adapt/apply existing technologies to NLP problems for the Comcast Voice Control platform. This position is part of a small team that uses Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding/Processing, Machine Learning along with search technologies such as SOLR/Lucene, tf/idf and relevance ranking, to extract contextually correct entity and verb semantics from speech and apply them to real world solutions across millions of connected homes.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under
development, and customizes current applications. Develops software
update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and
technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results,
technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry.
Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews
literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves
as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team
delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit
specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies,
concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and
defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
This is a hands on development position and you will be expected to code in a typical linux environment using technologies such as Hibernate and MySql, as well as work with devops technologies such as Splunk and Zookeeper. You will be an integral component of a team that helps you create a scalable system that will be deployed in the largest Cable MSO in the US. We implement an Agile process and you will be expected to be familiar with and us scrum and bi-weekly sprints to deploy features very quickly and document problems using tools such as Jira or Remedy.
An ideal candidate would have exposure to statistical/modeling techniques such as CRF, HMM, SVM, KNN, and would have published in the area. He or She might have worked on Topic Classification, Parsing, Narrative Thread analysis, parts of speech tagging, or recommendations engines, Sphinx, metadata extraction and machine learning.
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list