[Elsnet-list] CFP: Brain Inspired Cognitive Systems
cambria at nus.edu.sg
Tue Dec 11 16:17:02 CET 2012
Apologies for cross-posting.
Paper submissions and special session proposals are invited to the International Conference on Brain Inspired Cognitive Systems (http://sentic.net/bics) to be held in Beijing next June.
• February 1st, 2013: Due date for special session proposals
• February 1st, 2013: Due date for conference papers
• March 5th, 2013: Notification of paper acceptance to authors
• March 20th, 2012: Camera-ready deadline for accepted papers
• June 9-11th, 2013: Conference dates
Papers submitted to BICS 2013 must be single-spaced in one column format within an area of 122 mm x 193 mm with 10-point Times-Roman font. Each paper must not exceed 10 pages including figures and references (papers beyond 8 pages are subject to page surcharge). All papers must be written in English using the Springer LNCS (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) style, including all tables, figures, and references.
SPECIAL SESSION SUBMISSION
The BICS 2013 technical program will include special sessions. Their aim is to provide a complementary flavor to the regular sessions and should include topics of interest to the BICS community. Prospective organizers of special sessions should submit proposals indicating:
• title of the session;
• rationale of the need for the special session at BICS. The rationale should stress the novelty of the topic and/or its multidisciplinary flavor, and must explain how it is different from the subjects covered by the regular sessions;
• short biography of the organizers;
• list of 5-6 contributed papers (including titles, authors, contact information of the corresponding author).
Proposals are due on or before 1 February 2013 and should be sent via e-mail (in either pdf or plain ascii text form) to the Special Sessions Chairs (Erik Cambria, Sanqing Hu, and Dongbin Zhao). Proposals will be evaluated based on the timeliness of the topic, the qualifications of the organizers and the authors of the papers proposed in the session. Sessions in which three or more papers are co-authored by the same person, or by authors from the same group will not be accepted. In its decision, the committee will try to realize a balance of the topics across the technical areas represented in BICS. Notification of acceptance will be sent to the organizers by 15 February 2013. Authors of papers included in successful proposals should submit a manuscript on or before 1 February 2013. Manuscripts should conform to the formatting and electronic submission guidelines of regular BICS papers. When they submit papers, there is a choice to indicate that their papers are special session papers. All papers will undergo peer review process. It is the responsibility of the organizers to ensure that their special session meets the BICS quality standards. If, at the end of the review process, less than four papers are accepted, the session will be cancelled and the accepted papers will be moved to regular sessions.
Erik Cambria, PhD
Cognitive Science Programme
National University of Singapore
28 Medical Drive, 117456, Singapore
Email: cambria at nus.edu.sg
More information about the Elsnet-list