[Elsnet-list] Open Positions in NLP and ASR

Carlo Aliprandi carlo.aliprandi at synthema.it
Wed Feb 1 18:11:02 CET 2012

SyNTHEMA, a leading provider of Language and Semantic technologies
located in Pisa (Italy), is looking for:
- a Researcher in Natural Language Processing,
- a Researcher in Automatic Speech Recognition.

SyNTHEMA’s expertise spans over 20 years of building state-of-the art
solutions for Enterprise Search, Customer Relationship Intelligence,
Sentiment Analysis, Speech Recognition, Respeaking, Audio Mining and
Speech Analytics.

OPEN JOB POSITION: RESEARCHER IN NLP
------------------------------------

We are looking for a Software Engineer with some background or
experience in Computational Linguist to join our Research & Development
Team. In this position, under the direction of the International R&D
Manager, you will be responsible for advancing research and development
in a number of high profile EU projects, also managing project
responsibilities.

Minimum Requirements:
· a Master's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Computational
Linguistics,
· good programming skills,
· self-motivated, goal-oriented and likes working in a team,
· good Fluency in English, speaking and writing.

The ideal candidate:
+ has a background in statistical NLP and machine-learning methods,
+ is familiar with Rule-based NLP techniques,
+ has experience in semantic processing techniques and Semantic Web.

The position is open until filled.

OPEN JOB POSITION: RESEARCHER IN ASR
------------------------------------

We are looking for a Software Engineer with some background or
experience in Computational Linguist to join our Research & Development
Team. In this position, under the direction of the International R&D
Manager, you will be responsible for advancing research and development
in a number of high profile EU projects, also managing project
responsibilities.

Minimum Requirements:
· a Master's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Computational
Linguistics,
· good programming skills,
· self-motivated, goal-oriented and likes working in a team,
· good Fluency in English, speaking and writing.

The ideal candidate:
+ has a background of the technology and techniques used in ASR engines,
+ has experience in development and deployment of an ASR engine, with
emphasis on language modelling, dictionary tuning, acoustic modelling
and domain adaptation,
+ has experience working with ASR toolkits, like HTK, Sphinx, Julius.

The position is open until filled.

To apply, please submit your CV, a publication list and a cover letter
describing your experience and interests to:

Dr. Carlo Aliprandi
Email: carlo.aliprandi at synthema.it
Fax: +39.050.96564.21

--