[Elsnet-list] [DL] First CfP: 25th International Workshop on Description Logics (DL 2012), Rome, June 7-10, 2012
yevgeny.kazakov at uni-ulm.de
Mon Feb 13 11:42:41 CET 2012
Apologies for multiple postings.
Please forward to interested parties.
CALL FOR PAPERS
25th International Workshop on Description Logics (DL 2012)
Rome, Italy, June 7-10, 2012
Co-located with KR 2012, NMR 2012, AI*IA 2012, KiBP 2012, CILC 2012
The DL workshop is the major annual event of the description logic research
community. It is the forum at which those interested in description logics,
both from academia and industry, meet to discuss ideas, share information and
The workshop will be held in the conference rooms of Sapienza Università di
Roma (Via Caserta 6, Rome), from June 7th to June 10th, 2012.
In this year, DL workshop will share a joint session together with the
International Workshop on Non-Monotonic Reasoning (NMR 2012).
Paper submission deadline: March 10, 2012
Notification of acceptance: April 22, 2012
Camera ready papers due: May 4, 2012
Workshop: June 7-10, 2012
We invite contributions on all aspects of description logics,such as:
* foundations of description logics, including expressive power,
decidability and complexity of reasoning, novel inference problems,
and reasoning techniques for solving these problems;
* extensions of description logics, including, but not limited to,
closed-world and non-monotonic reasoning, defaults, epistemic reasoning,
temporal and spatial reasoning, procedural knowledge, and query
* integration of description logics with other formalisms, such as
object-oriented representation languages, database query languages,
constraint-based programming, logic programming, and rule-based systems;
* use of description logics in applications or areas such as ontology
engineering, ontology languages, databases, semi-structured data,
document management, natural language, learning, planning, semantic web,
and grid computing;
* building systems based on description logics, with special emphasis on
optimization and implementation techniques; and
* tools that exploit description logic reasoning, such as ontology editors,
database schema design, query optimization, and data integration tools.
Papers may be no longer than 11 pages including title, (optional) abstract and
references, and must be formatted in Springer LNCS style
If necessary, detailed proofs of technical results can be included in a
clearly-labelled appendix in the same format. The material in the appendix may
be read at the discretion of the programme committee and will not be published.
Papers must be submitted in PDF format via EasyChair
The workshop proceedings will be made available electronically in the CEUR
Workshop Proceedings series (http://www.CEUR-ws.org/).
Accepted submissions will be selected for either oral or poster presentation,
which will be clearly distinguished in the proceedings; however, all accepted
papers can be 11 pages long.
BEST STUDENT PAPER AWARD
The best student paper will be selected among the ones written solely by
students (i.e. persons not holding a PhD as of March 10, 2012). Authors of
such papers are requested to indicate their eligibility upon submission at
* Serge Abiteboul, Collège de France, INRIA & ENS Cachan, France
* Piero Bonatti, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italy
* Alan Rector, University of Manchester, U.K.
* Domenico Lembo, Sapienza Università di Roma, Italy (Workshop Chair)
* Yevgeny Kazakov, University of Ulm, Germany (Program co-Chair)
* Frank Wolter, University of Liverpool, U.K. (Program co-Chair)
* Information about submission, registration, travel information, etc.,
is available on the DL 2012 homepage: http://dl.kr.org/dl2012
* Enquiries about the DL 2012 workshop can be made by contacting the
organizing committee: dl2012 at easychair.org or dl2012 at dis.uniroma1.it
* The official Description Logic home page is at http://dl.kr.org/
More information about the Elsnet-list