[Elsnet-list] PhD Positions at ETH Zurich
marlies.weissert at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 11 09:53:15 CET 2012
PhD Positions at ETH Zurich
The Chair of Programming Methodology is recruiting PhD students to do research in the following areas:
· Static program analysis, especially abstract interpretation for mobile TouchDevelop<http://www.touchdevelop.com/> applications
· Verification of concurrent programs, especially Scala programs
· Programming languages
· Programming environments
More information about our research can be found at www.pm.inf.ethz.ch<http://www.pm.inf.ethz.ch>.
Key requirements for successful applications:
· Strong commitment to research
· Interest in combining theory and practice
· Proficiency in English and excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Excellent M.Sc. degree in Computer Science or in a related subject with a strong Computer Science component. We will also consider outstanding candidates with a B.Sc. degree.
Applications and questions should be sent to Prof. Peter Müller at jobs-pm at inf.ethz.ch<mailto:jobs-pm at inf.ethz.ch>. The application should include a CV and a description of research interests. We will consider applications until the positions are filled. The start date is negotiable.
More details about the positions:
· A PhD position is a regular job with attractive salary and social benefits
· A position is for a maximum of 6 years.
· ETH is one of the top computer science departments in the world: CS University Rankings<http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2011/subject-rankings/engineering/computer-science>
· Zurich is consistently ranked among the top destinations in the world for quality of life
· General information on doctoral studies at ETH is available at www.ethz.ch/doctorate/index_EN<http://www.ethz.ch/doctorate/index_EN> and www.inf.ethz.ch/education/ds<http://www.inf.ethz.ch/education/ds>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list