[Elsnet-list] CFP - TIR 2012 9th International Workshop on Text-based Information Retrieval, Submission till Mar 30 2012
michael.granitzer at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 09:26:46 CET 2012
9th International Workshop on Text-based Information Retrieval
in conjunction with DEXA 2012
Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria
September 3 - 7, 2012
Call for Papers:
Intelligent algorithms for mining and retrieval are the key technology
to cope with the information need challenges in our media-centered
society. Methods for text-based information retrieval receive special
attention, which results from the important role of written text, from
the high availability of the Internet, and from the enormous importance
of Web communities.
Advanced information retrieval and extraction uses methods from
different areas: machine learning, computer linguistics and psychology,
user interaction and modeling, information visualization, Web
engineering, artificial intelligence, or distributed systems. The
development of intelligent retrieval tools requires the understanding
and combination of the achievements in these areas, and in this sense
the workshop provides a common platform for presenting and discussing
The following list organizes classic and ongoing topics from the field of text-based IR for which contributions are welcome:
- Theory. Retrieval models, language models, similarity measures, formal analysis
- Mining and Classification. Category formation, clustering, entity resolution, document classification
- Web. Community mining, social network analysis, structured retrieval from XML documents
- Information Quality. Quality assessment, information diffusion in social media
- NLP. Text summarization, keyword extraction, topic identification
- User Interface. Paradigms and algorithms for information visualization, personalization, privacy issues
- User Context. Context models for IR, context analysis from user behavior and from social networks
- Multilinguality. Cross-language retrieval, multilingual retrieval, machine translation for IR
- Evaluation. Corpus construction, experiment design, conception of user studies
- Semantic Web. Meta data analysis and tagging, knowledge extraction, inference, and maintenance
- Software Engineering. Frameworks and architectures for retrieval technology, distributed IR
The workshop is held for the ninth time. In the past, it was
characterized by a stimulating atmosphere, and it attracted high quality
contributions from all over the world. In particular, we encourage
participants to present research prototypes and demonstration tools of
their research ideas.
- Research papers submitted to TIR-12 must be original contributions.
- Submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least two experts from the related field.
- The review process will be single-blind (the identity of authors is known to the reviewers).
- Accepted papers will be published as IEEE proceedings by IEEE CS Press.
- At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the conference and present the contribution.
- The camera ready papers are limited to 5 (five) pages in IEEE format (two columns in A4).
- Papers must be written in English.
Submit a Contribution
Submissions must generally be in electronic form using the Portable
Document Format (PDF) or Postscript. It is the responsibility of authors
to ensure that their papers use no unusual format features and are
printable on a standard Postscript printer.
Please use our conference management system ConfDriver to submit your paper.
- Mar 30, 2012, 24:00 (CET): Deadline for paper submission
- Apr 26, 2012: Notification to authors
- May 23, 2012: Camera-ready copy due
- Benno Stein (Co-Chair), Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Germany
- Michael Granitzer (Co-Chair), University of Passau
- Maik Anderka, Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Germany
More information about the Elsnet-list