[Elsnet-list] [Please distribute] Call for papers (v.2b) COLING-2012, Mumbai, India, 8-15 Dec. 2012
Christian.Boitet at imag.fr
Wed Jul 25 07:12:01 CEST 2012
Dear all, 25/7/12
Please distribute this version of the last CfP for COLING-2012.
Unfortunately, in the next to last version, the .pdf was OK, but the
.txt did not contain the last section on "important dates".
Below is the correct .txt form.
I also send the pdf form:
The submission site opens today.
Best regards and thanks in advance,
Martin Kay and Christian Boitet Pushpak Bhattacharyya and Rajeev Sangal
PC Chair and Co-chair of COLING-2012 OC Chair and Co-chair of COLING-2012
Call for papers (v.2b) COLING-2012, Mumbai, India, 8-15 Dec. 2012
Call for Papers (Version 2b,
The 24th International Conference on Computational Linguistics
December 8 - 15, 2012
The International Committee on Computational Linguistics (ICCL) is
pleased to announce the 24th International Conference on
Computational Linguistics (COLING 2012), at IIT Bombay (Mumbai,
India). We look forward to welcoming you to the home of the world's
first computational linguist, Panini. COLING will cover a broad
spectrum of technical areas related to natural language and
computation. The conference will include full papers (oral
presentations), short papers (poster presentations), demonstrations,
tutorials, and workshops. We invite the submission of papers on
original and unpublished research, on all theoretical and practical
aspects of computational linguistics.
Topics of Interest
COLING 2012 solicits papers, posters and demonstrations on original
and unpublished research on the following topics, including, but not
1. Indian language technology
2. Underresourced languages
3. Morphology & POS tagging
4. Grammar and formalisms
7. Discourse and pragmatics
8. Coreference resolution
9. Ontologies and terminology
10. Textual entailment
11. Resources and annotation
12. Psychological and neurological modelling
13. Empirical machine translation
14. Expert or hybrid machine translation
15. Hybrid man+machine architectures & human factors
16. Information retrieval
18. Named Entity recognition
19. Word Sense Disambiguation
20. Sentiment and text classification
21. Information & content extraction, text mining
22. Question answering
23. Speech recognition and synthesis
24. Software internationalization & localization
25. Deployment of NLP-based applications, software integration & quality
26. Natural Language Generation
Instructions to Authors
1. Three communication formats: full papers (14 A5 sized pages with
any number of reference pages), short papers (8 A5 sized pages with
any number of reference pages) and demo papers (6 A5 sized pages with
any number of reference pages).
2. Three presentation formats: Oral for full paper, Poster for short
3. Papers are in English. However, if an author so wishes s/he may
add elements in another language (L2): a title, an abstract and
keywords on the first page, and if s/he wishes, 2 pages (a synopsis)
in L2, beginning on page 2. Such papers will have 14+2 (or 8+2, or
6+2) pages, plus any number of pages for reference.
4. AT SUBMISSION TIME, PLEASE ANONYMISE everywhere, REPLACING NAMES
BY DUMMIES LIKE John DOE_1, Jack DOE_2.
5. Papers must conform to official COLING 2012 style guidelines
(LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates given on the web site).
6. Submission and reviewing will be on-line, managed by the START
system. The only accepted format for submitted papers is PDF.
Supplementary material - if any, in the form of tools or resources -
must be in the form of a single .zip or a .tgz archive file with a
maximum size of 10MB; otherwise there are no constraints on its
format. Submissions, together with all supplementary material, must
be uploaded on the START system by the submission deadlines;
submissions after that time will not be reviewed. To minimize network
congestion, we request authors to upload their submissions as early
as possible (especially if they contain large supplementary material
The link for the "Call For Papers" is
* 25th July, 2012: opening of the submission website
* 25th August, 2012: paper Submission deadline
* 15th October, 2012: paper accept/reject notification
* 1st November, 2012: camera ready paper due
* 10th to 14th December, 2012: main conference
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 72484 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mailman.elsnet.org/pipermail/elsnet-list/attachments/20120725/adcd90ae/attachment-0001.obj
More information about the Elsnet-list