[Elsnet-list] ISCA special interest group (SIG) on robust speech processing
Ramon Fernandez Astudillo
ramon at astudillo.com
Sun Jul 29 13:29:47 CEST 2012
[with apologies for cross-postings]
Following the recent surge of interest for robust speech processing
algorithms and devices both in the academia and in the industry, we are
proposing to create an ISCA special interest group (SIG) on robust speech
- robustness to noise, reverberation, inter- and intra-speaker variability,
- application to speech enhancement, ASR, speaker recognition...
- facilitate communication between us,
- share problems, resources and good practices,
- promote our area within the larger communities involved (speech, audio,
machine learning) and the industry,
- support initiatives (special sessions, workshops, challenges, etc),
- ultimately increase funding and foster new research directions.
Before submitting a formal proposal to ISCA, we would like to collect
feedback from the community about the various possible choices and
directions and gather a list of interested colleagues.
If you are interested, we invite you to come and meet us during Interspeech
on Monday September 10 at 18:15 in the Pavilion East room on the Plaza
Level at the Hilton. If you cannot attend this meeting, just email us to be
Ramón Fernandez Astudillo - L2F INESC-ID Lisboa, Portugal
Emmanuel Vincent - INRIA, France
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list