[Elsnet-list] Job posting Natural Languange Processing
Ilona.Holtz at nuance.com
Wed May 16 11:37:44 CEST 2012
7314: (Sen) Research Engineer Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Nuance's Mobility Division builds innovative, intelligent and intuitive touch and speech interfaces to simplify and enhance the way people interact with mobile devices, applications, and services. Nuance Mobile solutions make mobile devices and in-car systems easier to use, automate customer self-service, and optimize the access and discovery of even the most advanced mobile applications and content - regardless of technical know-how, location, environment, or physical and literacy capabilities.
As a member of the NLP Research group, you will work on challenging research problems that have a concrete impact on exciting real-world applications. The main focus of this position will be the development and evolution of a statistical natural language understanding system for consumer devices. The aim is to provide results which reflect a deep understanding of the intent and which support a useful, conversational interaction with an increasingly intelligent backend.
· Develop new algorithms and techniques to improve accuracy of existing statistical NLU system
· Develop trainable and updatable NLU algorithms to leverage steady stream of new data
· Leverage existing knowledge repositories and/or help to expand such repositories in order to improve NLU performance
· Use statistically sound methods to deal with ambiguity at all levels and present alternative NLU interpretations with confidence
· Enhance NLU system to handle speech, text and other modalities in the context of the inputs from small devices
· Development and maintenance of relevant processes for the use in production on key projects at Nuance
· Degree in computer science, computational linguistics, EE, math or related field. Advanced degree or related experience required
· PhD or Masters plus some years relevant experience
· Statistical natural language processing
· Accomplished coder - can realize research ideas effectively
· Strong algorithmic and software skills
· Good problem solving and analytical skills are essential, as is a desire to tackle hard problems
· Experience running accuracy experiments and systematically improving performance
· Should be able to take initiative, but also follow a plan and work well as part of a team
· Machine learning, data mining, clustering, knowledge representation, ontology development, coding skills (java, scripting) and keen interest in research preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your CV to Ilona.holtz at nuance.com<mailto:Ilona.holtz at nuance.com> reference no. 7314: (Sen) Research Engineer Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Thank you very much!
ILONA ALEXANDRA HOLTZ
Recruiter - Employment Specialist DACH
Nuance Communications Aachen GmbH
D-89077 Ulm, Germany
Fon +49 731 - 379 50 1166
Fax +49 731 - 379 50 1106 (Zentrale)
Mobil +49 170 56 15 235
WWW.NUANCE.COM<http://www.nuance.com/> The experience speaks for itself (tm)
Geschäftsführung/Director: Jan Anthierens
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Aachen
Registergericht/Court of Registration: Aachen
Reg. Nr.: HRB 11872
USt-ID/VAT: DE 813191696
This electronic transmission and any files transmitted with it are confidential. It is transmitted for the sole use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any further distribution or copying is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please inform the sender immediately, do not use it or disclose its contents and delete it from your system. Please note that Nuance cannot guarantee that the transmission will be secure or error-free.
Experience Nuance in the web: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsge4iM-FTE&feature=related
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list