[Elsnet-list] Erasmus-Mundus Masters Program in Language and Communication Technologies: Applications for 2013 (2nd call)
korbay at CoLi.Uni-SB.DE
Thu Nov 15 16:47:19 CET 2012
To prospective Master students
Apologies for cross-postings.
Please forward to relevant student mailing lists and associations, thank you.
The Erasmus Mundus Masters Program
in Language and Communication Technologies (EMMLCT)
invites applications from both European and non-European students for start in fall 2013.
+ teaching (and academic and administrative support) in English
+ duration 2 years (120 ECTS credits)
+ study one year each at two different partner universities
+ in-depth instruction in computational linguistics methods and technologies
+ scholarship scheme from the Erasmus Mundus Program of the European Union
Deadline for applications is January 7, 2013.
The EMMLCT program is offered by the following consortium of Universities:
1. Saarland University in Saarbruecken, Germany (coordinator)
2. University of Trento, Trento, Italy
3. University of Malta, Malta
4. University of Lorraine, Nancy, France
5. Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
6. Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, The Netherlands
7. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
8. The University of Melbourne, Australia
9. The University of the Basque Country / Euskal Herriko University, San Sebastian, Spain
The EMMLCT Program in Brief
The EMMLCT program is an international distributed Master of Science course. The program involves studying one year each at two different Universities of the consortium. After completing all study requirements the students obtain two already approved Master of Science/Arts degrees with legal value in the countries of issue.
The course consists of compulsory core modules, as well as elective advanced modules in Language Technology and Computer Science, optionally complemented by a project, and completed by a Master Thesis.
The EMMLCT program provides students with profound knowledge and insight into the various disciplines that contribute to the methods of language and communication technologies and it strengthens their ability to work according to scientific methods. Moreover, the students acquire practice-oriented knowledge by choosing appropriate combinations of modules in Language Technology, Computational and Theoretical Linguistics, and Computer Science. As such, the EMMLCT program is designed to meet the demands of industry and research in the rapidly growing area of Language Technology. It offers education and training opportunities for future generations of leaders in research and innovation.
The EMMLCT program is approved and supported by the Erasmus Mundus Program of the European Union. More information:
All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites:
1. Degree: a Bachelor degree or equivalent in the area of (Computational) Linguistics, Language Technology, Cognitive Sciences, Computer Science, Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, or other relevant disciplines. The degree must be completed before the course starts.
2. Language proficiency: Proof of proficiency in English is required for applicants whose native language is other than English.
Application is made online. Further information and application instructions: http://lct-master.org
Contact email address for further inquiries:
lct-info at coli.uni-sb.de
Prof. Hans Uszkoreit
Dr. Ing. Ivana Kruijff-Korbayova
Department of Computational Linguistics and Phonetics
Dr. Ing. Ivana Kruijff-Korbayova
The LCT Program
More information about the Elsnet-list