[Elsnet-list] JOBS: Speech Recognition/Machine Learning Engineers
tony at tonyRobinson.com
Fri Sep 21 12:10:30 CEST 2012
_Speech Recognition/Machine Learning Engineers
Cantab Research was founded in 2006 and exists to supply automatic
speech recognition products to a wide variety of customers. It has
supplied SpinVox (now Nuance) to create a voicemail to text system that
handles over a million calls a day. It currently supplies speech
recognition to a medical transcription company and to several other
companies with high potential novel applications.
We are expanding and seeks a graduate/post-graduate with the following
* Good degree in a numerate discipline (ideally MSc/MPhil/PhD)
* Excellent analytical ability, ability to conduct research experiments
as well as develop code
* Practical experience of machine learning on large datasets
* Ability to quickly become competent with complex software
* C/C++, perl/python, matlab/octave, Linux
* Previous experience in speech recognition or large scale web
information mining an advantage
* Keen to learn automatic speech recognition operation and applications
This role offers an interesting combination of the application of
research, experimentation, and product development. The post involves
extending Cantab's existing speech recognition software and applying it
to new tasks. You will be joining a small but rapidly expanding team and
enjoy the challenges and rewards of a startup culture.
Location: Cambridge, UK. Full/part time and employment/contracting may
be negotiated depending on experience.
Contact: Dr Tony Robinson (tonyr at cantabResearch.com)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list