[Elsnet-list] 10120 Zurich: Language Engineer ( Linguistic) m/f

Holtz, Ilona Ilona.Holtz at nuance.com
Fri Aug 2 14:52:02 CEST 2013

Nuance is a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Our technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with information and how they create, share and use documents. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses, experience Nuance by calling directory assistance, getting account information, dictating patient records, telling a navigation system their destination, or digitally reproducing documents that can be shared and searched. Making each of those experiences productive and compelling is what Nuance is all about.

As a contributing member of Nuance, you will work within a dynamic team environment to develop, support, market and sell our award-winning software applications. We offer competitive compensation packages and a casual work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team that operates worldwide (Europe, US, APAC). Be a part of our fast growing track of continuing success.

For more information, please see www.nuance.com.
Nuance is an equal opportunity employer.

For our office in Zurich, Baslerstrasse 30, we are currently looking for a full time - limited 1-year contract -

                                                                                LANGUANGE ENGINEER (m/f)

The position as Language Engineer is within the Languages team in R&D TTS, developing and maintaining linguistic components for Nuance's flagship TTS product "Vocalizer".

As part of the TTS R&D organization, you will be contributing to the development of text-to-speech technology for all types of markets and platforms. Representative tasks will include:

* Development of linguistic components for various languages and tasks, for instance

-    Text normalization

-    Morphological analysis

-    Syntactic analysis

-    Phonology

-    Prosodic prediction

All of the above include both rule-based approaches as well as data driven methods.

·         Testing and evaluation of linguistic components

·         Development of new tools supporting development and testing

·         Responding to reported issues reported from deployed systems, analyzing, fixing and releasing.

·         Potentially managing projects of various scope and team sizes

Your profile:

·         Basic scripting skills in python/Perl/equivalent, computational linguistics, experience from language technology work

·         The successful candidate is a fast learner with an analytical mindset and a pragmatic approach to problem solving.

·         Experience from version control systems (e.g. hg, svn) a strong plus.

·         Strong programming / technical skills a strong plus.

·         Enjoying working in a team as well as driving individual initiatives.

·         Master's in computational linguistics / computer science or equivalent

We offer a competitive compensation package and a casual yet technically challenging work environment.  Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success.  Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

We offer.
At Nuance Communications we believe our people are our most valuable asset.
We offer competitive compensation packages and we offer you career development opportunities in a challenging technical but casual work environment.
As a Nuance team member you will work within a dynamic international team operating worldwide.
Does Nuance speak to you?
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your English CV including earliest starting date and salary expectations via our Recruiting tool https://jobs-nuance.icims.com/jobs/10120/job or send application to craig.robertson at nuance.com<mailto:craig.robertson at nuance.com>
.
Recruiting * Nuance Communications BVBA Belgium * Guldensporenpark 32 *Merelbeke 9820 * Belgium

Nuance's Mobility Division builds innovative, intelligent and intuitive touch and speech interfaces to simplify and enhance the way people interact with mobile devices, applications, and services.  Nuance Mobile solutions make mobile devices and in-car systems easier to use, automate customer self-service, and optimize the access and discovery of even the most advanced mobile applications and content - regardless of technical know-how, location, environment, or physical and literacy capabilities.

ILONA ALEXANDRA HOLTZ
HR Manager Germany / Recruiter DACH
Human Resources
Nuance Communications Deutschland GmbH
Site Ulm
Soeflingerstr. 100
D-89077 Ulm, Germany
Fon       +49 731 - 379 50 1166
Fax       +49 731 - 379 50 1106 (Zentrale)
Mobil     +49 170 56 15 235

WWW.NUANCE.COM<https://mail.nuance.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=lTpCFsnSYkSESYqZ2SHxwKlnEyWgws8IodDbk4_7fWpGsQS-jN4OYAnxDx3pmaPHoMjuSzXQAsU.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nuance.com%2f> The experience speaks for itself (tm)
Geschäftsführung/Director: Caroline Curtis, Todd Michael DuChene, Thomas L. Beaudoin
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Aachen
Registergericht/Court of Registration: Aachen
Reg. Nr.: HRB 16313
USt-ID/VAT: DE 264500438
This electronic transmission and any files transmitted with it are confidential. It is transmitted for the sole use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any further distribution or copying is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please inform the sender immediately, do not use it or disclose its contents and delete it from your system. Please note that Nuance cannot guarantee that the transmission will be secure or error-free.

Experience Nuance in the web:
DragonNaturallySpeaking - Say It Your Way!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkiYr8aw5pE
DragonDrive!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYIwVP2JqL4
http://www.nuance.com/for-individuals/by-product/bmw/index.htm

or meet me on XING or LinkedIn
[Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image004.png at 01CDDC49.2D3EB4E0]<http://www.facebook.com/nuancecareers>[Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image002.png at 01CDDC49.2D3EB4E0]<http://www.twitter.com/nuancejobs>[Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image005.png at 01CDDC49.2D3EB4E0]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/3719?trk=NUS_CMPY_TWIT>