[Elsnet-list] Job opportunities at Audio Analytic

Sacha Krstulovic sacha.krstulovic at audioanalytic.com
Mon Aug 19 14:17:44 CEST 2013

Audio Analytic, the emerging leader in sound recognition and categorisation based in Cambridge (UK), is currently looking to recruit for the following positions:

* FULL-TIME ANALYTICS SYSTEM ENGINEER

Job Ref: AA-SysEng-Full-Time
Job URL: http://www.audioanalytic.com/en/63-full-time-analytics-systems-engineer

Audio Analytic is the emerging leader in sound recognition and categorisation based in Cambridge (UK). Our software is at the cutting edge of security capabilities and is used by a host of world leading security equipment manufacturers to automatically analyse sound and detect security threats, such as when someone becomes aggressive or when a glass window is broken while trying to gain entry to a building.

Audio Analytic engineers work with High Performance Super Computer Clusters (http://www.core-advantage.org/case-studies/audio-analytic/) and local server systems to process the vast amounts of audio data we collect to create our sound recognition systems. This data comes from many sources including regular recording campaigns where we break every type of glass, fire lots of guns, encourage people to get aggressive into a microphone and lots more.

We are looking for people who thrive as part of a dedicated and innovative team, love tough challenges, and are passionate about audio/sound.

Responsibilities

. As part of our engineering team, you will contribute to the design, development and usage of the products and tools which implement our unique sound recognition systems.
. Responsibilities include managing the training process of sound recognition systems based on machine learning methods.

Technical Skills
Must have experience, at least 2 years commercial experience or a masters/PhD in a related subject.

Required:
. Software engineering & embedded systems (ARM)
. C/C++ coding and code optimisation
. Interest in Machine Learning
. Notions of applied maths (linear algebra, statistics)
. Scripting: perl, bash, python
. Development under Linux/Unix mandatory, Windows optional

Desirable:
. Hardware design knowledge a plus but not a requirement.
. Open source experience a plus but not a requirement.
. Interest in audio signal processing (electronic music, studio recording, digital audio effects, production of general sound effects, sampling) a plus but not a requirement.

General Skills

. Good communication skills.
. Excellent problem-solving skills.
. Enjoy working as a member of a team and using their own initiative.
. Self-confident and highly motivated.
. Ability to deal confidently with a variety of people at all levels.
. Able to manage own workload and meet deadlines.
. Good organisational skills.
. Good standard of written and spoken English.

Pay

This is a great opportunity to join a successful company with a huge potential for growth. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and stock options.

How to Apply

For further information or to apply for this vacancy, please send a covering letter and copy of a recent CV quoting the reference AA-SysEng-Full-Time to jobs at audioanalytic.com. Please note it is company policy not to accept job applications from recruitment consultants.

* FULL TIME LEAD ANALYTICS PRODUCT ENGINEER

Job Ref: AA-DevLead-Full-Time-Senior
Job URL: http://www.audioanalytic.com/en/62-full-time-lead-product-engineer

Audio Analytic is the emerging leader in sound recognition and categorisation based in Cambridge (UK); Our software is used by a host of world leading security equipment manufacturers to detect when someone becomes aggressive or when a glass window is broken while trying to gain entry to a building.

Audio Analytic R&D engineers work with High Performance Super Computer Clusters (http://www.core-advantage.org/case-studies/audio-analytic/) and local server systems to process the vast amounts of audio data we collect to create our sound recognition systems. This data comes from many sources including regular recording campaigns where we break every type of glass, fire lots of guns, encourage people to get aggressive into a microphone and lots more.

The output of all of this data collection and processing is a Sound Pack. This Sound Pack needs to run on a range of different architectures, including embedded systems, under tight resource constraints while not effecting significantly the performance of our algorithms.

We are looking for people who thrive as part of a dedicated and innovative team, love tough challenges, and are passionate about audio/sound. The successful candidate will join our highly successful team and take a very active role in further developing our sound recognition systems and team.

Main Responsibilities

To work closely with our research engineers and business development to create product and related tools around our unique sound recognition systems.

Technical Skills

Must have software engineering experience, at least 7 years experience bringing technology to market.

Required

    Software engineering & embedded systems (ARM)
    Code optimisation
    Linux/Unix
    C coding
    Interest in machine learning
    Experience of taking algorithms from concept to commercial product

Desirable

    Python a plus but not a requirement
    Open source experience a plus but not a requirement.
    Image or audio signal processing a plus but not a requirement.
    Hardware design knowledge a plus but not a requirement.

General Skills

    Good communication skills.
    Excellent problem-solving skills.
    Enjoy working as a member of a team and using their own initiative.
    Self-confident and highly motivated.
    Ability to deal confidently with a variety of people at all levels.
    Able to manage own workload and meet deadlines.
    Good organisational skills.
    Good standard of written and spoken English.

Pay

This is a great opportunity to join a successful company with a huge potential for growth. The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and stock options.

How to Apply

For further information or to apply for this vacancy, please send a covering letter and copy of a recent CV quoting the reference AA-DevLead-Full-Time-Senior to jobs at audioanalytic.com. In addition we like to make sure people are going to enjoy the challenge of working with the types of problems we solve so it is suggested you also complete our coding test and email over the results with your CV. Please note it is company policy not to accept job applications from recruitment consultants.

Best regards,

- Sacha K.

--
Dr. Sacha Krstulović - Lead Research Engineer
Audio Analytic Ltd.

Tel.              +44  1223 909 305
Fax.             +44  1223 750 329

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Audio Analytic Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.