[Elsnet-list] SLTU-2014 WORKSHOP - ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS
karpov at iias.spb.su
Wed Aug 21 12:50:50 CEST 2013
SLTU-2014 WORKSHOP - ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS
4th International Workshop on Spoken Language Technologies for Under-Resourced Languages (SLTU'14)
14-16 May 2014
St. Petersburg, Russia
Organized by St. Petersburg Institute for Informatics and Automation of the Russian Academy of Sciences (SPIIRAS) in cooperation with LIG (France), LIA (France), and MICA (Vietnam).
The Workshop on Spoken Language Technologies for Under-Resourced Languages is the fourth in a series of even-year SLTU Workshops.
Three previous Workshops were organized: SLTU’12 in Cape Town (South Africa), SLTU’10 in Penang (Malaysia), and SLTU’08 in Hanoi (Vietnam).
SLTU’14 International Workshop is held in St. Petersburg (Russian Federation) and has the special focus on Eastern European under-resourced languages (Slavic, Baltic, Uralic, Altaic, Caucasian, etc.).
SLTU'14 Workshop topics include all areas related to processing under-resourced and endangered languages:
- Language resources development, acquisition, and representation: dictionary, language model, grammars, text and speech corpora, etc.
- Automatic speech recognition and synthesis of low-resourced Languages and dialects, etc.
- Multi-lingual spoken language processing including analysis and synthesis.
- Machine translation and spoken dialogue systems.
** Scientific Committee:
Etienne Barnard, NWU, South Africa
Laurent Besacier, LIG, France
Eric Castelli, MICA, Vietnam
Dirk Van Compernolle, UCL, Belgium
Marelie Davel, NWU, South Africa
Alexey Karpov, SPIIRAS, Russia
Daniil Kocharov, SPbSU, Russia
Lori Lamel, LIMSI, France
Haizhou Li, A-star, Singapore
Roger K. Moore, Sheffield, UK
Pedro Moreno, Google, USA
Satoshi Nakamura, NAIST, Japan
Pascal Nocera, LIA, France
Francois Pellegrino, Lyon, France
Andrey Ronzhin, SPIIRAS, Russia
Yoshinori Sagisaka, Waseda, Japan
Ruhi Sarikaya, Microsoft, USA
Tanja Schultz, Karlsruhe, Germany
Pavel Skrelin, SPbSU, Russia
Tan Tien Ping, USM, Malaysia
** Important Dates:
- Paper submission: 10 January, 2014
- Update of full paper: 31 January, 2014
- Notification of acceptance: 03 March, 2014
- Submission of final papers: 17 March, 2014
- Registration due: 17 March, 2014
- Workshop dates: 14-16 May, 2014
Independently of the scientific actions we will provide excellent possibilities for acquaintance with cultural and historical valuables of St. Petersburg city and its beautiful surroundings.
SLTU'14 Workshop Chairs:
Alexey Karpov (SPIIRAS, Russia)
Laurent Besacier (LIG, France)
Pascal Nocera (LIA, France)
Eric Castelli (MICA, Vietnam)
For the latest information, please check the conference web page: www.mica.edu.vn/sltu2014
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list