[Elsnet-list] PROPOR 2014 - PhD and MSc Dissertation Contest - First CFP
David Martins de Matos
david.matos at inesc-id.pt
Thu Dec 12 10:18:26 CET 2013
[apologies for cross-posting]
PROPOR 2014 - PhD and MSc Dissertation Contest
This contest recognizes the best of emerging academic work on processing of the Portuguese language and related issues, concluded in the three years preceding the submission deadline.
* Best PhD Dissertation Award
* Best MSc Dissertation Award
Submission Criteria and Procedure:
1. Eligible entrants are those candidates who have successfully defended their dissertations in the three years preceding the contest submission deadline. A letter from the primary dissertation advisor must be submitted with the extended abstract (see number 3.), stating that the candidate meets this eligibility criterion.
2. The dissertation must focus on some aspect of processing of the Portuguese language and related issues. In general, any topic that falls within the scope of PROPOR call for papers is appropriate.
3. Each entry should be in the form of an extended abstract that includes the nature of the problem to be researched, relevant theory, hypotheses to be tested, method, analysis, and indicative references.
4. Documents must be submitted in English (even if the thesis is written in another language).
5. Documents must be formatted in PDF, double-spaced, using Times New Roman 11 point font with 1 inch margins all around. Proposals are limited to 8 pages, including all figures, tables, and references and should begin with an abstract of 250 words or less. Authors must use the same style of the PROPOR 2014 conference. The documents will be included in the electronic version of the PROPOR 2014 proceedings (no hard copies will be produced). A web link to the integral work must also be provided.
6. Members of the contest evaluation committee and their students are excluded from the PROPOR 2014 PhD and MSc Dissertation Contest.
7. Submission deadline is March 14, 2014. Entries must be submitted electronically (no hard copy submissions will be accepted). Notifications to authors will be sent on April 25, 2014.
8. Accepted entrants must prepare an A0 poster (portrait format) to be presented at a special session. Award winners are invited to prepare an oral presentation of their work (15 / 20 minutes).
March 14, 2014 - Submission deadline.
April 25, 2014 - Notification to authors.
The PROPOR 2014 PhD and MSc Dissertation Contest evaluation committee, consisting of five members of the PROPOR 2014 Program Committee, will be posted on the PROPOR 2014 website.
PhD and MSc Dissertation Contest Chairs
David Martins de Matos, INESC-ID, Portugal
Helena de Medeiros Caseli, UFSCar-DC, Brazil
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elsnet-list