[Elsnet-list] CILC2013: 5th International Conference on Corpus Linguistics
dtomas at dlsi.ua.es
Mon Jan 14 15:09:52 CET 2013
5th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CORPUS LINGUISTICS: Corpus Resources
for Descriptive and Applied studies: Current Challenges and Future
14-16 March 2013
University Institute of Modern Applied Languages
UNIVERSITY OF ALICANTE
Alicante, SPAIN (http://goo.gl/PXz97)
The Spanish Association of Corpus Linguistics (AELINCO) and the local
Organizing Committee are pleased to announce that the 5th International
Conference on Corpus Linguistics (CILC2013) will be hosted by the University
Institute of Modern Applied Languages at the University of Alicante on 14 to
16 March 2013.
Since corpus work has taken on a more relevant role in descriptive and
applied studies on the various facets of language, availability and variety
of telectronic corpus and tools for their exploitation and analysis
have proliferated and many more are on the horizon. The availabity of such
diverse resources offers many opportunities for researchers, language
professionals, and language services providers. However, learning to use
and apply these resources still poses serious challenges. The theme for this
conference edition is 'Corpus Resources for Descriptive and Applied Studies:
Current Challenges and Future Directions.' and its aim is to promote the
submission of proposals for oral presentations and posters on issues related
- New theoretical issues arising from the work with corpus in
the current scenario
- Applications of corpora for terminology, translation,
lexicography, teaching and language acquisition, etc.
- The creation of corpus and its exploitation in descriptive and
- The use of technologies for the analysis of texts for
- Advances in computer technology for the compilation, use and
analysis of corpus.
- Corpus and ICT
CILC2013 is pleased to welcome the following plenary speakers who have
already confirmed their participation:
Dr. Nuria Bel, IULA, Barcelona
Dr. Federico Zanettin, University of Perugia
Dr. Hilary Nesi, Coventry University
Dr. Elena Tognini-Bonelli, University of Siena
Dr. Adam Kilgarriff, Lexical Computing, Ltd.
Deadline for proposal submission has been extended until 21st January 2013.
Please clic on the following link to upload your submission:
New deadline: 21-Jan-2013.
Paper and poster proposals must be written in English or Spanish, and should
contain between 500 and 550 words (excluding references). When filling out
the abstract submission form in EasyChair, please choose only ONE TOPIC and
only ONE TYPE of contribution (paperor poster).
1. Corpus design, compilation and types.
2. Discourse, literary analysis and corpora.
3. Corpus-based grammatical studies.
4. Corpus-based lexicology and lexicography.
5. Corpora, contrastive studies and translation.
6. Corpus and linguistic variation.
7. Corpus-based computational linguistics.
8. Corpora, language acquisition and teaching.
9. Special uses of corpus linguistics.
We look forward to your contributions and to meeting you in Alicante.
The Organising committee
More information about the Elsnet-list